1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Will Florists be easy pickings?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Scowey, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Forest are without a win in 6 and perhaps unbelievably they haven't scored a goal in those 6 either.. That's 551 minutes (and counting) of football since they last scored, for those mathematicians among us.

Therefore they are bound to score at some point and probably in the first few minutes. Can't see this being too far removed from what we've seen lately in terms of style and outcome. 2 distinctly average sides playing some pretty average football, though hopefully we'll see some green shoots of confidence and freedom from the lot in blue.

Chris Smith has been recalled from loan (at Chelmsford) so might get a look in depending on whether Klug sticks with the back 3 and whether he thinks Cotter is ready for another outing. The defence is once again looking incredibly threadbare.

Will predict a 1 - 1 draw and a little more entertainment than in recent weeks, if not any improvement on quality. Carayol to score on his return after Forest take an early lead.

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Squeak a 2-1 win, hopefully one of the young lads will get on the scoresheet.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Good luck to Bryan and the team for tomorrow,I know our great away support will really get behind the lads.
    COYB

The score?Could we sneak a 1-0 win?

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

We did better at the start of the season with a makeshift defence so I'll go for a 2-0 win with Cotter and Waghorn the scorers

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Through no particular logic other than Forest haven't scored in an age - we're likely to try something a lot different with playing style.

I'll go entertaining, and not a scoreline that tells the real game Forest 3........... us 1......

Our last win ( sadly ) at Forest was 1999.

Have to say for today, result is completely irrelevant for me now we're safe / new manager etc. Lets try something a bit different - if the season was alive / chance we could catch I'd have a different approach but be a lot more interested to see which 11 get picked, which 3 subs come on and what Mr Klug gives a go.

LOVE IT if we won though :) c o y b.

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

New manager new look and new goal scorer. 1-0 up.

Can it last and bring us much needed cheer?

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

I am hoping to hear the shouts of joy & surprise at our fresh entertaining play!

Anyone watching?

8. Southcoastoldgaffer

B.....ger Another penalty gift!

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

I dont believe it! 2-1 5th minute extra time.

10. Nuggets

Disappointing result and bemused to see Skuse and Hyam start together, but a meaningless fixture and good to see Morris finally get a start. Anyone watch the match? Did we play well? Good to see Ward get on the scoresheet.

11. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Shame we couldn't close the game out.

12. Westlake33

My ears to the game - if you get the chance to meet this legend, do - I did before the Bristol City game.

The sky highlights of Forest v us showed many a clear chance Forest fluffed....

13. Nuggets

Ah Mr Benjamin Bloom! I listen to his Blue Monday podcasts, he's very knowledgeable, balanced, and comes across well. I don't think much of Dave though (I think that's his name?), the old matey who does it with him on the post-match podcast.

Westlake33 likes this.
  14. Westlake33

You're bang right about Dave - upon meeting not a massive fan and wouldn't go out of my way to say hello to again. Rather arrogant.

15. Nuggets

He brings down the quality of the podcast, I think. I'm not surprised to hear he's a bit arrogant, comes across like that in the shows and I find it frustrating when he always talks over Ben.

16. Westlake33

I was pretty hammered and found him very hard work in person / conversation always seemed to come back to ' I was at this ' and ' I've done that ' it got very annoying after a little while.

Ben in person is exactly the same as the video, an absolute lad and someone you could happily talk all things town about for a long long time. If I go to Reading, will certainly meet up with him pre game.

What I didn't know - as I met his girlfriend who was also along for the game, if she's in the car while he's doing his podcast each time! Found that semi amusing.