1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wigans Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by connor wigham, Jun 25, 2011.

1. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

this will be wigans transfer thread anything wigan rumors,deals or paper talk this will be the place for it

2. connor wigham

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is preparing to join Wigan in the £5m battle for Bolton goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi.
    Daily Star

Wigan are finally set to sign goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi in a £4m deal from Bolton.
    Daily Mirror

Wigan and Blackburn are keen on signing Scotland striker Kenny Miller from Turkish side Bursaspor
    Daily Mail

Scotland's Stephen Crainey has rejected a new contract at Blackpool and is instead looking to join Wigan.
    Daily Mirror

Wigan Athletic have told Newcastle United that midfielder Charles N'Zogbia will cost £10m despite the Frenchman having only 12 months left on his current deal.
    The Times

Liverpool are chasing Connor Wickham, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique, Gael Clichy, Scott Dann and Charles N'Zogbia, following the £20m signing of Jordan Henderson.
    Daily Mirror

Everton are prepared to sell Joseph Yobo and Yakubu to raise money to make a bid for Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia.
    Daily Mirror

Liverpool, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Juventus and former club Newcastle are all interested in Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia.
    Daily Mirror -

3. connor wigham

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has dismissed reports claiming Wigan have made an offer for Craig Mackail-Smith.

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

this is the problem wigan mod. now that villa are coming in for al habsi it will start a bidding war when what we shouild have done is sign him as soon as the deal was ready to be done...

5. connor wigham

please call me wigan and this bidding war i dont think will happen because villa need some big names not al-habsi

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

maybe villa do need some big names but to us the latics fathfull al hasbi is a big name that is worth 4 or 5 mill do you agree wigan...

7. connor wigham

well i whould like it to come down abit remember he isnt even first choice there and jussi has just signed an extention on his contract for anouther 2 years i actually dont care if DW is haggling there is outher keepers out there

8. Ozlatic

Ozlatic New Member

I've just heard (Via the mirror) Mcleish is wanting Ben Foster- surely if that deal goes through Al-Habsi will prefer Wigan to being 2nd choice elsewhere?

9. connor wigham

good shout there i think we should get the outher one of these to because foster is really good and wants PL football if aston villa get Al-habsi

10. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

hi wigan according to the local wigan rag villa are now the club to sign zogbia and the bid couild take place in the next few days and that thay may be wiling to pay around 9 mill for his service`s so if that price is true then that is the starting line for the other clubs to start there bidding. but realy i hope he stays with us you can always dream can`t you...

11. connor wigham

villa seem to have the money right now also they want given not al-habsi?

12. connor wigham

listening to talk sport wayne bridge to wigan? and Shaun Wright Phillips to

13. connor wigham

14. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

ye but i`m not sure were wright-phillips wouild fit in cos he`s a wide man is not what we need we realy is a out and out goal scorer and i don`t think wright-phillips is that. but on another story i herd that scott parker as bean signed to a foreign club because WestHam want to get there wage bill down but parker says is family are settled in this country and don`t realy whant to move pluss i think parker is on 70 grand a week so if whelan is willing to pay that kind of money then he couild do a job for us...

15. connor wigham

how good whould that be.. i can only dream but its the turkish side i hope we sign a striker

16. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

£3m for Wright Phillips, that's cheap, him playing at Wigan would be just great, but interesting to see how much wages he wants if this does actually happen

17. connor wigham

thats the problem isnt it wages

18. connor wigham

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says that Latics may be forced to sell midfielder Charles N'Zogbia, who only has one year left to run on his contract at the DW Stadium, with Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Sunderland all interested.

19. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

ye the reason he may be forced to sell n`zogbia is because he can leave for free and he wants to cash in on him while he can...

20. connor wigham

today it said we want 20m for him