1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why don't we go out and buy someone?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Sven Makes Me Smile, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Sven Makes Me Smile

After seeing that ricardo is on trial, i wondered why dont we go out and buy someone rather than all these loans and free transfers. Ricardo nowadays is no better than weale but we could go and buy westwood or aomeone like that and have a better option. Also rather than looking at O'Hara on loan why not go and buy a midfielder. Loabs are all very good but we do need to buy players aswell

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Because we can get people like Yakubu, Naughton, Van annholt on loan but we couldnt buy people of that class, thats why we are loaning people. Its cheaper and you get better players

3. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Rermember that Sven came to us with the campaign already under way - he is going through a phase of gelling a team as quickly as possible. Uisng loan players produces the least risk in such a short time - so it makes perfect sense. Come the summer transfer window expect to see a lot more permanents!

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

It always easier to sign people in the summer with contracts running out and us not playing catch up. So loans are less risk but if we dont go up is Yakubu prepared to stay here next season in the championship

5. bagworth

bagworth Member

Loans are a good way of seeing if players fit in and do the buisness, downside is if they do well then someone else can snap them up (as curtis davies) although he is no loss in my opinion.It all depends on what league we play in next yr. who would you not want to play in the playoffs if we make them? In sven we trust!!