1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why are you all so miserable?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Sammy's Silky Skills, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Sammy's Silky Skills

Sammy's Silky Skills Well-Known Member

We have 3 new players and the Premier League money will shortly drop.

Things will get better. KTF.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Actually one new player. D’goalkeeper we had last year and we had Kenedy last year. Ki is the only new player and he is a free to replace Merino (£10M?).

I, as usual, will wait until the end of the window before deciding if we did goodddddd or if we did baddddddddd.

4. Ghostinthehouse

Ghostinthehouse Well-Known Member

Because they're a bunch of old Miserable Gits, no getting around it I'm afraid.

Be careful, the miserableness seems to be contagious.

5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

True that old geezer Heed never stops complaining.

“Ooo, me heart nearly went just because The Earl is 65,000 feet above sea level”.

6. Ghostinthehouse

Ha, Heed"s buggered off and left me in charge of the account(s), the daft old twat.

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

PL money has already dropped, final tranch from last season. It's paid in three installments; September, Feb and July. 19/20 clubs understand the minimum that will be paid for the season ahead, add (or subtract) any current monies and spend the total. They repeat this every year. 1/20 clubs wait for money to appear, which it frequently does AFTER transfer windows close, then make a half-arsed attempt to spend it.

We have 1 new player, Merino's replacement, and have yet to replace Slimani (gone), Mitrovic and Mbemba (going). The window shuts in three weeks.

The manager openly has no interest in signing a contract, the board has no interest in spending money.

This isn't "miserable". Miserable happens after the window shuts. This is dread.

Geordieginola likes this.
  8. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

But at least we weren't born mackems……. <whistle><whistle><whistle>

9. Ghostinthehouse

Unless, your name is Albert.....

10. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to watch Joselu attempt to beat his all time nufc scoring record of 4 goals in a whole season.

The anticipation of NOT buying any more players is absolutely enthralling. I like watching other teams buy exciting new players anyways!!!!

I’m so optimistic that when Rafa does eventually leave next season after we get relegated and we sell all of our best........ you get the point here.......

Can’t also wait to see them sexy new shirts on the plastic models in the club shop because quite simply I just cannot afford to buy them!

The final day of the transfer window when all other premiership teams fans pull up their armchairs with popcorn to see what players they get in while charnley is playing Rock Paper Scissors in a locked cupboard somewhere with Ashley.....

G4rdToonArmy likes this.

11. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Appreciate it's only the BBC Gossip page, so nothing real, but this summed it up nicely:

Bournemouth will spend a club record £32m to sign Levante and Colombia midfielder Jefferson Lerma, 23, and a further £25m on Genoa and Uruguay full-back Diego Laxalt, 25. (Sun)

Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez has been told he has to sell before he can strengthen his squad. (Mirror)

Porto are still keen on signing Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba, 23, but are unwilling to meet the £8m asking price for the DR Congo international. (A Bola - in Portuguese)

West Brom have rejected a loan offer from Newcastle for Venezuelan striker Salomon Rondon, 28, who has a £16.5m release clause in his contract. (Express and Star)

Captainchaos. likes this.
  12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Im looking into euthenasia mate ive had enough of this world

13. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

We are Newcastle fans it's our raison d'etre

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

They all caught it a few years back.

Symptoms:
    • Hysteria through the months of May-Aug (gets increasingly worse
    • A quick follow up bout of hysteria in late Dec through to early Feb
    • General malaise
    • Hallucinations and delusions
    • A general anger simmering under the surface which rears whenever someone suggests things aren't that bad
    There is no cure for this disease the experts have labelled Hysterical ****ishness

15. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

Why can Bournemouth and Fulham ( two of the smaller clubs ) spend more than Newcastle, this is very wrong

LiamO and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  16. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Huddersfield, Palace and Brighton can all be added to that list...

fulham traveller and LiamO like this.
  17. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to buck the trend,the Toon will sign 4 new players, and Jos will come good and score loads of goals,Dominus Vobiscum

18. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Can't keep the faith with an owner that changes stadium names, plasters said stadium with his own company's brand, didn't buy a player for 18 months, only spends when his manager's called Mclaren and his scouts called Carr, pisses off relegated West Brom with derisory offers, makes money we used to bid on striker's in Jan dissapear, then sells kits through his own company at ridiculous price to cover the deficit of this astounding magical act.

Rafa's already said we're working on his third choice transfers, with no guarantee we won't make a few failed loan bids for them and move on to fourth choice.

Even if we spend when TV money drops, we could have already spent the money made from Merino, wages saved at the end of last window, the Sissoko/Wij payments and the obvious sale of Mbemba. In fairness there's also no way that TV money is not coming, it wont get lost in the post, so why is Mike so scared to spend before it drops? Especially when we were able to make a bid for Jorgensen last January whilst letting Mitro go out on loan.

I'd say I'm a realist that isn't for people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. We're now 3 weeks from the end of the window and need a CF,AM, LB, CB, RB and CM if Hayden leaves. That's 5/6 players for Lee 'the Charm' Charnley to get in 16 days if the TV money theory is true. The man can't even manage to sell Mbemba over however long. I'll happily eat humble pie if I'm wrong but, honestly, why would I think Lee and Mike were capable of this? What tangible evidence do I have, other than that which is contrary to the belief?

I've not been passionately moaning about it because I know we've got Rafa for the season and that pretty much means no relegation. But after that, **** knows. Wouldn't say things will get better, they'll roughly stay the same minus Rafa.

Lastly, can I apologise for the bout of amnesia you've suffered that's made you forget the last ten years and come on here thinking Pouch is the reasonable one

LiamO likes this.
  19. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He hasn't. The Chronicle simply interpreted it as that. As Rafa probably wanted them to...

20. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Ah, just look at some of the other quotes about us not doing things quick enough then.