1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who would be in your team for the Real game in Madrid?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Mine would be
    Mendy

Chalobah Silva Rudiger
    James Kovacic Kante Alonso
    Ziyech Havertz Mount

Mount must be on his last chance too. Hugely disappointing year for a player who has not been very ordinary most of the year. Looking like a 1 season wonder and ineffectual most of this season. Overated?? Probably. Definitely not in the same League as Phil Foden.

Please Audi, no more "safety first", no more Pulisic, RLC, Christensen, CHOs' these are all 2nd raters.
    No more players out of position or out of form.
    Out if we are not good enough, but go out with guns blazing, not like the whimps we were against Brentford and Real.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Absolute rubbish about MM being a one season wonder. he will hopefully be a mainstay at our club for a decade.

But agree about trying Chalobah on right against Vincius. Maybe Reece left Christensen exposed tbf

3. Chelsea Pensioner

I repeat, Mount is "looking like a one season wonder" and is in poor form by his standards for some time. That's a manner of speech, not a fact, he might come good next game ,who knows? But right now he is not the player he can be, mores the pity.As you say, hopefully he will be a mainstay for the next decade.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Brilliant play against Real who we took apart. Only the sublime talent of Luca Modric got Real through. His pass for Reals' first goal was the stuff of a brilliant player.benzema scored as only great players can as well mainly because of a slip from Rudi, but as a striker he was exactly where he needed to be and did exactly what he had to do.
    We were deserved winners, the better team, and in Werner, Mount and Havertz, the more dangerous. Our defence was magnificent and our midfield outplayed Real all night. Great selections by Audi, perfect set up and excellent response from all players. A better player than Pulisic would have won the tie for Chelsea.
    Silence from all those who wrote us off is the most pleasing outcome.

Why is it that such important matches are refereed by nobodies from tiny footballing countries ??
    Poland Referee for such an important game?? Why not a German, French ,Spanish, Italian, Dutch , Danish,Swedish ?? Polish ?? Not in the top 20 European nations so why go there for the referee???

Still not convinced it's not corrupt.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree with this. Reece superb and Mason too. We are so lucky to have them both

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Great team performance but the pass from Modric for their first goal deserved to win any game, outstanding.

Can see why he made the subs so late, I just don’t think he wanted to bring any of them on and he was probably right after seeing the little if any impact they all had.

James was outstanding as was Kovacic and I’d have never put Loftus Cheek as the right midfielder/wing back but it does seem to have worked a few times, he’s contributed way more than i thought he would this season.

We aren’t far off the best teams, in one off cup games I’d fancy us to beat anyone but we aren’t consistent enough to win a league which is the difference between us and then City/Liverpool so that’s probably the next step.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes need Chilwell RJ fit plus a 25 goal striker

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Good summary. RLC certainly stepped up a level or two, and looked very impressive in his position. I certainly never saw that coming. I have to keep reminding myself it's still pretty early days for Audi to raise the Team to Liverpool and Citys' standards. Kovacic is close to our best player now and Alonso did us proud in his home country too.
    Just a great team effort and despite the tie going to Real, a game to remember.