1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who will be the next permanent Spurs manager?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Dec 16, 2013.

?

Who will be the next permanent Spurs manager?

1. Fabio Capello

2. Michael Laudrup

3. Glenn Hoddle

4. Guus Hiddink

5. Frank de Boer

6. Tim Sherwood

7. Mauricio Pochettino

8. Marcelo Bielsa

9. Alan Pardew

10. Laurent Blanc

11. Louis Van Gaal

12. Cesare Prandelli

13. Roberto Mancini

14. Harry Redknapp

15. Other...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Seems there's a lot of names in the hat on the betting sites and the Spurs faithful all have a varied list of preferred names. Cast your votes on who you feel the club will actually appoint...

2. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

Stevie Bruce <ok>

3. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Martin 'mad dog' Allen.

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I've seen Murat Yakin mentioned...which must surely come down to some journo having a memory span just long enough to remember us being knocked out of the Europa League by Basel last season.

It says a lot that, eighteen months ago, Slaven Bilic would be mentioned - but he's dropped so far off the radar since his poor run at Lokomotiv Moscow.

5. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

:D I always liked him at Brentford.

6. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we can get Laudrup but just as with Moyes last time, I think I'm set to be disappointed as Levy goes for someone else.

I just hope whoever it is we get them soon.

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Out of all them names the only one that could be trusted (aside from Redknapp) is Hiddink. The rest are either un-proven at this level, over rated or just another mistake.

8. Spudulike

I agree however, I voted Capello as I believe this is who the club will hire next. Not that I want him but we never seem to get the manager the fans want.

9. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My gut has been Laudrup all along and stick by it. Would be a superb coup for Spurs if true. I think he's taken Swansea as far as he can and needs a new challenge, fell out with their board too.

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They had a big bust up with his agent, apparently. The club's struggling to adjust to European football a little, which is understandable, but some people seem to have lost patience with the situation.

11. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Zola has just resigned from Watford. I hope there hasn't been a succession of phone calls in Italian going about!

12. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Capello is tied up with Russia so that may save us from his bore-fest!, the man who said "attractive football isn't important"

Their bust up started pre season, but Laudrup hasn't proven himself yet, nor has the saints manager and with these appointments they could both be another Hoddle or Avb, this is why we have to hire someone like Hiddink who will get the job done, no messing about, no rabbit caught in headlights or with a point to prove, just someone with experience of managing in England and managing jobs with pressure.

13. Spudulike

We both seem to agree on most points Boss. I can't for a second fathom why anyone wants to go for another mostly unproven young manager&#8230; again! If we are going to sort this mess out, our players (who let's face it) will need picking up, need a manager with real pedigree to come in and inspire them that they can get back to winning and in style. That commands someone who has huge respect in the game. Not an "up and coming" manager.

We love our marquee player singings. It's about time we had a marquee managerial appointment. Now is the time!

14. Spudulike

Oh bollocks, please no!

15. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

:emoticon-0148-yes:

This was one of the reasons I was prepared to wait for Avb to be sacked, I don't trust the club to get it right with the current managers availible! frank arnesen was the person who told Levy to hire Jol, who told Levy to hire Redknapp? point being there is always someone giving Levy advice, I remember when we hired Ramos, there where people around him telling him he was a great appointment.

Whos going to give advice this time? Baldini? I know we slate Levy at times (and he deserves some of it) but its normally who he trusts that is the person that helps him hire a new manager and I just hope its Hiddink.

16. Spudulike

It's a no brainier for me. Hiddink was in charge at Chelsea for just 109 days. Delivered an FA Cup, finished third in the league after Scolari's mess, lost just once in 22 games with a 73% win ratio and nearly got them to the CL final. What is there to think about? How can we make a better case for any alternative right now&#8230;???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1190233/Guus-Hiddinks-reign-Chelsea-boss.html

17. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Unfortunately it could be a non starter. We forget not all managers like Hiddink would want that pressure before taking over Holland, same with Capello, I know many want him but he also has a job with Russia.

18. TillIDie

TillIDie Active Member

Anybody think Martinez ??? Doubt he'd leave Everton at the minute...I for one think he could do the job, knows the prem, plays the right way but as I said doubt he'd leave Everton at the minute...maybe end of season????

19. Spudulike

No chance. He's at Everton for the long haul. Good club, great chairman.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Their chairman's rubbish. He's utterly failed to do anything to push Everton forward for about a decade.
    Their finances have slowly dropped away as others have progressed, their sponsorship's a joke and their stadium plans have dragged on even longer than ours.