1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who runs World Cricket?

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by GasheadinChelt, Oct 12, 2011.

1. GasheadinChelt

I've just seen a report on the BBC website which states that the ICC has decreed that the DRS will no longer be cumpulsory. Given the illogical objections raised by the BCCI surely this must be seen as the most financially powerful board flexing its muscles to get its way even though the technology has been proved to work and the other bords, players and umpires want it. The BCCI's monetary strength to force its views upon the rest of the cricket world is undermining the ICC. This is plain wrong.

2. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Cleary the BCCI runs the show. I thought they would back the review system and use all the technologies after watching how the half-arsed system worked in the England series. But nope, they did not. Hope Sachin is given out LBW on 99 when the ball will be shown to be missing all three stumps.

3. GasheadinChelt

Just caught some of the commenatry on Sky for today's game (having to use host broadcaster's team due to a dispute over there). It's interesting to here all the Indian commentaters trash talk the technology and the likes of Dermot Reeve wishing they had it. I am finding the Indian commentaters arguments for the exclusion of DRS more spurious the more they go on about it.

4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Those guys always toe the BCCI line.

5. duckmachine

duckmachine New Member

Sadly, Indian business men run world cricket, for their own nefarious benefit.