1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who could replace Puel

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 7, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Who do people want to replace Puel. I will throw some names out and see what people think

Nigel Pearson- Achieved success here before, knows the old guard because he built it and would control the dressing room. Manages the owners Belgian team

Marco Silva- Got alot of credit for giving Hull a fighting chance of staying up but ultimately took them down and he started well at Watford before Everton turned his head

Slavisa Jokanavic- If Fulham dont go up he might be avalible. He has done wonders at Fulham and he did get Watford promoted

David Wagner- He has been linked at the talk was he was going to be our manager last summer instead of Shakey if he didnt get Huddersfield promoted

Predrag Radosavljević- At one point bookies had him replacing Pearson. Thank god Ranieri came in

Rafa Benitez- has been earmarked and hasnt ever been backed by the Newcastle board. Proven manager with winning the Champions League and Europa League with Liverpool and Chelsea

Any other names people want to throw in? Or does anyone still back Puel?

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I love Pearson but not a third sting as manager for me. Don’t happen but I’d actually like him in a higher position to sort out the club behind the scenes.

Marco Silva yes. This unloyal stuff is bullshit. Managers are only a few bad results from the sack so it works both ways

Jokanavic as well yes. Plays good football, his team scores goals. Him and Silva are young but would have a job rebuilding the squad

Wagner, maybe not. Bit more inexperienced than the last two. I’d back him if he came though

Rafa, the big name who can manage egos. Would take him definitely

The other one not mentioned is Dyche. More like Pearson. Not attractive football but likely to sort the club out

Just none of the merry go round names please

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Dyche would be number one but I can’t imagine him passing on the opportunity to lead Burnley in Europe next yeah

Marco Silva also excites me

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I'd be very surprised to see us appoint a British manager ... the owners are looking to take us to the next level and as well as Dyche has done at Burnley I doubt the owners see him as someone that will regularly compete with the Big 6 .... irrespective of funds ... Nigel Person's record against the Big 6 was also not particularly special and I think would also be seen as something of a backward step ...

The Times seem pretty bullish about Wagner being appointed by the end of the month ... and his pedigree ... admittedly more as an assistant ... fits the owner's job spec ... the link to Benitez is an indication of that ...

Will be interesting to watch events unfold ...

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I want experience - no faffing about with first time or inexperienced managers.

Will probably end up with Preki...

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I can't see the idea behind appointing Wagner. Not enough experience, and not exactly a proven winner at this level. Even Marco Silva's stock has gone down very quickly after his latest sacking. I can't think Dyche would be interested. It's difficult to see who would consider coming here. Benitez has the credentials but I can't see Newcastle letting him go after what he has done for Newcastle and how he's integrated into the local community up there. Would love to see him do the same at Leicester, but I think the Toon fans would lynch Ashley if he lets him go.

7. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Pisses me off that clubs think British Managers are not good enough . Not a go at you BTW Fosse .

8. JohnTheFox

I think it’s more that not many have proved themselves. Look at the National team, Southgate was the best option. I’d sooner have a british manager if there’s a good option out there

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  9. Number 1 Jasper

Catch 22 , how are they meant to prove themselves if they are not given a chance ?

I think the fact we have Foreign owners for the most part does not help .

10. JohnTheFox

I agree. The snobbery is more of a top club thing. I’d happily give a youn English guy the job for a club like ours

Number 1 Jasper likes this.

11. Number 1 Jasper

If he or SHE.. is British , I'm not fussed :)

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

No worries Jasper ... the main problem is that it tends to be the same old pool of current British managers who are the only ones ever in contention for Prem jobs ... hardly inspires the fans ...

13. Number 1 Jasper

That is a very valid point !

14. Proud Fox

I dont think Dyche will or should leave Burnley. I dont think he could replicate his success anywhere else. I think him and Burnley are a perfect fit

15. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

The only upcoming British manager that springs to mind is Eddie Howe, not suggesting for us but he's the only one that isn't part of the Pardew/Pulis/Far Sam merry go around.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I'd be relatively happy with either Brendan Rodgers or Neil Lennon (for differing reasons) ... but any of the 'usual suspects' suggests survival planning rather than progression ... and therefore rather uninspiring ...

17. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Brendan Rogers wouldn't be the worst choice in the world. Apart from Benitez, maybe Martinez might fancy another shot at Premier League football after the world cup.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  18. Proud Fox

Rodgers wouldnt be a bad shout but I think he wants to easy life at Celtic and with Gerrard taking over a Rangers I think he will stay at Celtic unless Arsenal come calling

19. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Agree with Eddie Howe although cant see him leaving Bournemouth just yet. So from this debate is it a fair assumption you all want Puel to go? I wouldn't actually mind if he stayed. Next year could be totally different. Yes form is poor but we have had a number of players missing lately. In hindsight letting King go has back fired badly.

20. Proud Fox

Puel has to go

And hopefully people get off Kings back now and he is a true team player. Doesnt look like Swansea will survive so be will be back here next season