1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who are we going to sign thread?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, May 1, 2014.

1. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I thought this might provoke a bit of interest throughout the summer, so I thought any rumours/facts of who we will sign. Doesn't matter if it's likely to be true or not, just put down the player,club,and where you saw it. This can include any site,so just put that down. No explanations, just what rumours you've seen and at the beginning of next season we can see if any have come to fruition. If BRB can do it,perhaps he could make it so all replys just carry on here, so as to not make the thread too cumbersome.

I have seen

Simeon Jackson....... Millwall ....... Football Rumours Site...... (FRS)
    Reda Johnson ....... ? ...... FRS
    Lee Williams ....... ? ...... FRS
    Scott Sinclair ....... Man City ...... FRS

2. brb

brb Guest

Ok I will make this thread a sticky and if we could please use this for all pre season rumours. Everything from the genuine to the outright wacky for fun.

Just the usual reminders although i'm sure its not needed, insults, swearing and libelous comments will be removed. Just remember its rumours, so lets not take it too to heart but let's also get the genuine stuff on here as well.

3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I've heard we will be signing PT as manager.....source....every forum plus all local media.

Don't believe it myself he would never come back. <yikes>

4. GillbertSteptoe

Chris Dickson?

5. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Luke Freeman?

6. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

George Elokobi has been told that Wolves aren't going to keep him. Versatile and could play CB or LB. If wages aren't too terrifying it may be worth a punt. He's only 28!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27237324

7. brb

brb Guest

Trying to be realistic budget wise, just thinking with Wycombe looking likely to drop into the conference bar a minor miracle...I looked at their squad and wondered what this defender is like...Anthony Stewart. Seems a couple of lads on the Wycombe board rate him;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Stewart_(footballer)

8. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

I think we will go shopping at one of our usual places with a couple of Brentford players coming in, and assuming PT is confirmed, he has good links with young english players and I would like us to get in early for a couple of season long loans (like the Spurs players (Pritchard, Mason and Luongo who have done well at the Swine this season)

9. harryheadbutt

harryheadbutt Member

Sam Saunders & Jonathan Douglas from Brentford. Lewington from Wycombe.

10. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Port Vale's Jennison Myrie-Williams and Notts County's Jamal Campbell-Ryce are both available on free transfers this summer. Wouldn't mind either of them on our flanks to give us some width.

11. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

I think that Jermaine Mcglashan is out of contract as well at the end of the year at cheltenham, every time we come up against him he looks really dangerous.

12. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

13. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Yes please!

14. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Nile Ranger ? - certainly has some aggression ! - he can't help it if we hate him for playing for Swindon ( can't think of any other reason )

15. brb

brb Guest

16. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Wouldn't be able to deal with Ranger, he seems more of a liability off the pitch than Marlon King. We can't have a player that stands the chance of spending six months of the season in clink, we don't have the luxury of wasting the wage.

17. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Maybe it was just because he played for us but I always thought that Marlon King was just stupid and misguided but Nile Ranger is just a disgusting example of a human being, not to be too harsh but he's always in trouble and seems to show no remorse or respect.

18. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

John Joe O'toole? I could have sworn we looked at signing him when he was at Colchester and has had a good season in Bristol and maybe now they are non league he will want a move?

19. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Jay McEverly has been released by the Swine, played for us on loan and could help push us up the league and solidify our defence.

20. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If I remember correctly Jay McEverly was on loan from Leeds at the same time Jonathan Douglas was, who was also mentioned earlier. Be strange to them both back.