1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Way forward with brexit -Poll

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by gelders pie, Dec 12, 2018.

?

Possible scenarios

Poll closed Dec 14, 2018.
  1. Theresa May PM - with this deal

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Boris JohnsonPM -with his version , whatever that is

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Jeremy Corbyn PM - and whatever

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Let Harry King of the jungle sort them out

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

If this was a referendum

2. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

If this was serious only 3 of the options would be there . . . . obviously Corbyn wouldn't :emoticon-0100-smile

3. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I was always against another referendum but I'm starting to warm to it now. People say that the country has spoken so we need to leave. I understand that, but things have changed. It's like a political war and if it were compared to total war.....just imagine this scenario......
    Imagine if the country had a vote on all military tactics. Imagine that in the Second World War the country voted that we should station all our troops around Belgium because we were adamant that that was where the Germans were gonna attack. However, the sneaky fellows complicated things and burst through the Ardennes miles further south. Now our next move goes to the country. Do we do nothing and just hover around Belgium because that was what the country voted for a while back, or do we have another vote about our next move?
    I think that now the country has realised how complicated things are they should have another say. Maybe a referendum should be on 3 choices. Stay in the EU, Leave the EU with the current deal, or leave with no deal. Although I've got to say I haven't got a clue about what I would vote for, totally punch drunk with the whole fiasco.

Bexinio, Nads and The Norton Cat like this.
  4. gelders pie

That’s a good way of putting it. I would have your last sentence as a fourth option.

5. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

It is one whole mess, and I'm not sure what the solution is to be honest or if there is one that would get through parliament..

Gil T Azell likes this.
  6. gelders pie

You can’t see anything getting through parliament when the 600 involved are only interested in their own individual point of view and preference.

Gil T Azell and Bexinio like this.
  7. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I was hoping that us leaving the EU was gonna cause a domino effect and result in the whole EU crumbling. Little chance of that happening now. Other countries will be put off by the mess that has been made from our effort.

Dorset likes this.
  8. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Brexit has to happen, there cannot be another vote. The United Kingdom is based on democracy and the majority have spoken. Regardless of which way we voted, we have no choice but to push ahead with it. If we were to have another vote then we have caved in to loud mouth bullying and people crying because they didn't get the result they wanted.

That will open a huge can of worms for the future and that is something that we don't want.

9. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

once Macron is kicked out, the rest of the Southern Countries will go like a pack of cards, Greece bankrupt, Poland no immigrants, Sweden going against E.U. law by banning migrants, Denmark putting illegal migrant lawbreakers on an Island,France paying 500 pension for 50 years worked, Germany going far right due to rape gangs,Italy refusing to go with austerity and keep within E.U. budget, Austria banning mosques, Hungary going against E.U. budget, Spain no jobs massively in debt, Portugal see Spain, Europe is more right wing and anti E.U. than at any other time, the scales are tipping

10. Makemstine Roger

OH YEA OF LITTLE FAITH, i will give them 3 to 5 years max, no e.u. budget in 25 years as they have debt up to their ears and without Britain's contribution they will collapse, a year with Brexit and they will give us any deal we want.

Gil T Azell and makemdan like this.

11. Saf

It's a spent force. France are about to clash with the EU now as their GDP is going way over the EU allowance/threshold. Like you say, every country is rising. Folk can't keep shouting racism at the rise of the far right, they have to look at the root cause and understand why practically every EU country is going the way it is.

We know the reason. It's the elephant in the room.

Mackem-Tiz and Makemstine Roger like this.
  12. Makemstine Roger

the E.u. KEEP CRYING THERE IS NO MONEY BUT EVERY YEAR THEY MOVE PREMISES FROM MAASTRICHT TO STRASBOURG, they vote for themselves to get a pay rises for 3 hours work a day, plus free accommodation,transport and food. they make sure the unelected dont go without, another Christmas market attack in Strasbourg today terrorist fled to germany, 27 crimes against him and on the police S list and being watched, who was watching when he did a runner

13. Makemstine Roger

I live in Europe and support a hard exit as i know its best for Britain, even though my lifestyle may suffer

Gil T Azell, farnboromackem and Saf like this.
  14. gelders pie

..... for 4 days every MONTH they move. French insisted, it's stuck in a treaty, and only the French can stop it. Apparently, the absurdity and stupidity of this is something that the MEPs actually agree on.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

It's good to hear the view of someone who lives outside the UK. I voted NO because I used to work in a UK service that enforced some of the EEC regulations. I can tell you that its never been a level playing field and the UK has always been negatively impacted on several fronts. I voted NO because of the above and:-

1 We are 1 of only 2 countries that don't use the Euro (Denmark being the other). Any change or law that involves Eurozone will always be passed regardless of any negative effect on other currencies.
    2. A large proportion of the rules were made when the world was a different place and they need to be changed - impossible with the current regime and the (36000 I hear) bureaucrats and administrators all looking out for number 1.
    3. I know there is substantial grass roots support for (insert country)EXITS in at least 3 other countries, probably more.
    4. Many of the recent additions to members have little to offer and plenty to take.
    5. They were considering allowing Turkey to join. In my opinion its a beautiful but godforsaken place

I fear a hard Brexit but prefer it to remaining

16. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Mackemstine I agree with all you say, I voted to remain but was happy to accept the majority vote but we don't have the politicians with the balls to see this through.
    Too many remainers sticking their oar in and whinging for another 'people's vote, a load of bollocks.
    If May loses her job tonight then I fear the worst, if we can't get a better deal than the one on the table then we should walk out with no deal and let the Europeans suck it up.
    We'll survive in with a no deal, don't let the bank and business doom mongers scare tactics out you off we will do ok on our own.

17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Did you see the conservative MP on the box the other morning saying there would be no flights in or out of Britain if we leave, although I hate Morgan he told the bloke he was a prick and Morgan was a remainer by the way.

18. Saf

If you don't mind me asking, if the 2nd referendum happened. Which way would you vote?

19. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Out no change from before.

20. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Id vote out this time as I'm bitterly disappointed with those who won't accept a democratic vote.
    I'd go without a deal as well **** europe as they are all corrupt.