1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where were our youngsters?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

No Doz, Downes, Nydham, Emmanuel, not even on the bench!
    Why?
    I think they will all be shipped out on loan, Doz should be starting IMO!

Was not convinced by Hursts appointment and am not overly convinced by his signings either, especially Harrison but obv time will tell and I won't be calling for his head this season...no matter what happens. He needs time as do new players but so far...very disappointing!

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Apparently Dozzell is still struggling for fitness, so hopefully he’s still in the first team picture moving forwards. I can’t see why he would be loaned out, Hurst praised him a couple of times in pre-season and he’s a technically gifted player.

I don’t think Emmanuel, Nydam, and Downes has impressed Hurst. Emmanuel hasn’t had a look in and I think Hurst’s comments a few weeks ago about some highly rated young players not impressing included Emmanuel. Nydam hasn’t been involved in the last two squads, so is presumably going to be loaned out. That’s fair enough I think, as I’ve always thought he’s been a bit overrated here and will clearly benefit from a loan move. Downes had a fairly disappointing game against Blackburn last week and wasn’t involved today. I think the abundance of options we have in midfield (including Chalobah and Skuse ahead of him in the defensive midfield pecking order) means he’s also going to be loaned out. He doesn’t seem suited to a more attacking central midfield role, so again, a loan move will benefit him like last season at Luton.

Two games in and it’d be harsh to judge Hurst or the players. Personally, I think we’ve been positive in the transfer market, particularly as he’s targeting the sort of players we’ve been crying out for over the past few years. I am slightly concerned about the departures, particularly as we’ve lost our top five goal scorers from last season and a lot of Championship experience. Fingers crossed we get that all important first win soon and we get more to cheer about.

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

My thoughts EXACTLY Spanish.

I'll cut a bit of slack.... a little bit with Dozzell. Needs a loan. APPARENTLY Downes ill.......... but Nydam!? Not in the 18.

Further, we didn't have a single CM on the bench.

He wants three more loans in though!!!!

Bloody shambles.

itfcptc likes this.