1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

When?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by White_Hand_Of_Ulster, Jun 1, 2012.

1. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

When do you wise up and turn on Warnock?

A mistake sacking Grayson, a mistake appointing Colin. So many of you were wrong. Will you admit it? I see the tide beginning to turn but how soon before any of you come out and admit you were wrong.

By the way I AM a Leeds fan. Massive mistake. It is ALL Bates fault. He is palying you all like a harmonica on a blind man's face.

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

2. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

You're spewing drivel on here, & I would suggest you are very very much in the minority. Warnock is a manager I want at Leeds United, Grayson is someone I don't want to see back at the Leeds manager ever again.

3. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

Drivel? Makes a change.

Let's see now. Simon Grayson was Leeds manager in January, Simon Grayson got a Yorkshire team promoted in May. Simon Grayson is associated with a European Cup winning Premier team. Hmm, I know, let's sack him from Leeds and pay him compensation for sacking him. Good move.

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I sympathize with you and wish we'd kept Grayson on rather than appointing Warnock, but he's trying his best with a bad overlord and his experience alone demands respect and for us to give him a break at the very least until we determine what kind of money he's been spending over the summer and whether that's enough to bring in the promotion quality players we need.

In Bates we distrust, in Warnock we trust, in the potential new owners we hopefully get to trust.

5. bigfatboab

ffs, what are you on? Utter nonsense.

6. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Wondered when you would pop up here :)

Took you're time pal welcome.

7. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

Jerel. I would agree with most of that. What really bugs me is the anti-Grayson stuff. As you say he did a decent job for us. I, for one, thought he got sacked too early. Fair enough, what's done is done, but Warnock is not going to get the support either. We ALL know it. God, we all hope we'll get promoted but I really hate the anti_Simon stuff. Part of me hopes we finish first next year and Huddersfield finish second.

8. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Sacking Grayson was wrong but that doesn't mean appointing Warnock was wrong. Appointing Warnock then refusing to back him was wrong. If I'm honest I think bates has just made a panic decision and not thought it through, said "we'll back you" before realising the club doesn't have the money because he stole it all and it's now all going wrong.

I hope bates impending death is painful and I hope he feels ashamed of himself.

9. Jerel Ifil

Provided we keep Bates in total control of the club, I'd agree. The fact we took around a week trying to haggle with Pompey for Joel Ward says it all: we're scratching around in the bargain basement again, and the Pearce deal was obviously a substantial chunk of the disposable money Warnock was given by Bates.

Provided we get some investor who takes up a non-controlling stake in the club, who knows? The money might (probably would) go on buildings rather than players, but it might give Warnock a couple more million to play with at least.

Provided we get totally fresh ownership, the future could be very bright indeed, and Warnock might get the kind of money he had at QPR in order to get us right up there.

So while these talks take place, it seems a bit premature to be discussing the position of the manager when we don't even know what kind of backing he'll receive, whether it be option A, B or C.

Welcome by the way. :)

10. MarkoLUFC

The thing that gets me the most is that we all give Leicester grief because if their owners get bored and leave, they'll be in a lot of financial trouble.

If their owners had bought Leeds and spent the exact same amount of money, running the club the way they have run Leicester City, if they then got bored and left, nobody would bat an eyelid as we'd be self sustaining.

11. MarkoLUFC

Or even if they'll keep the manager on. It's common practice for new owners or even new management in any business to clear out the existing staff and bring their own in. Doing so makes establishing authority significantly easier.

12. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

But, honestly, do you think Warnock is the man for the job?

I Don't know who could do it, but my gut feeling is it isn't Warnock.

13. bigfatboab

But it told you Grayson was!!! :laugh::laugh:<doh>:laugh::laugh:

14. MarkoLUFC

It depends, Greeny. I think if his stubbornness reflex kicks in once again and he just keeps saying "one more year" then yes he could be the right man for the job, but only if the majority of his work was put into leaving a legacy.

He's already stated he wants to do that, although we all know any legacy is likely to get stripped for parts and sold by bates the moment Warnock walks out the door.

He knows what he's doing. Whatever people say about his style QPR did play good football last season. Granted, we outclassed them entirely at Elland Road and somehow scraped a win against them at Loftus Road, but with Taraabt in central midfield it's silly to bypass it with long ball.

I think he gets his teams playing flare when there's room for it and nitty gritty when it calls for it. Like Revie's side, but on a much less grand scale.

15. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

Yes Boab, it did. I'm getting old now (48) and I honestly think we'll not be a top team before I'm a pensioner. IMO the only way we'll be, consistently, a great team again, is to show some patience. If I have to wait until then, so be it.

I hate this 'we want it and we want it now because we deserve it' attitude that so many people have. We went 17 years without being Champions. It was hard but sweeter when it arrived,

16. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're still as positive as ever greeny :)

17. bigfatboab

No team, even with money, will be any "good" under Grayson. His ability is at best League One and as for his man management, it's dire.

18. Jerel Ifil

So Greeny, if you're more concerned about Bates' backing than Warnock's managerial ability, what's with your opening line imploring that we "turn on" NW?

And Boab, nigga please, Grayson dealt with more 'man management' situations well than he did badly. Beckford, Kandol, Gradel, Johnson, Kilkenny. All could have been tinderbox ordeals for the club, but he diffused them and got the best out of those players.

The only ones people perceive as being dealt with 'badly' are moaners like O'Brien, Bruce and Robinson who were rightfully out of the team and not getting much of a look-in. Even Mourinho will get flak like that from his part-time players who think they're something better than they are.

Whenever he's been in the Championship, he's performed well.

If you think three points off the playoffs is a poor finish with the money he was given, just wow.

19. White_Hand_Of_Ulster

Okay, again, I'm not a Grayson-lover per se. I want Leeds to do well, and I thought he could do it. Will Warnock be better? Will he get the backing? It just strikes me that a lot of the support for Warnock is wishful thinking and if he doesn't get the funds fans will turn on him (which Ken Jung Il will love because it deflects it from him again)

20. bigfatboab

Very much like Grayson has proved himself a league one manager, Warnock has proved himself to be an excellent Championship manager, he's the right man possibly now at the right time.