1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What's next for our loanees?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yep, another thread by the DH-meister!

We've chucked a few lads out on loan this season, excluding the youngsters, there are currently four first team players out:

Cameron Carter-Vickers at Ipswich. P15. G0. A0. (5 clean sheets)
    Josh Onomah at Villa. P34. G4. A1.
    Vincent Janssen at Fenerbache. P12. G3. A4. (picked up a long term injury that ruled him out until last weekend where he didn't come off the bench)
    Georges-Kevin Nkoudou at Burnley. P6. G0. A0.

So what's everyone's views on their future?

For me:

CCV - Bring back. Earning rave reviews at Ipswich. With Foyth still a while off (plus likely in need of a loan himself) and Toby likely to be off, I think he has a chance to stake a claim amongst the first team picture.

Josh - Bring back. An immensely talented player who seemed to struggle with confidence since his promotion to first team football, plus was often played out of position. Enjoyed mixed success with Villa. With Dembele on the decline and Winks & Sissoko failing to nail down a permanent spot, I hope Josh is given a fair crack to show what he can do.

Janssen - Bring back. If Nando had been a success I'd have said Janssen was done here. But a positive - albeit brief due to injury - spell at Fener leads me to think maybe he deserves a second crack.

GKN - Sell. Not had much of a chance at Spurs but that won't change either. Not managed to hold down a spot at Burnley. For his sake, a move away would be beneficial, probably back to France where he flourished at Marseille.

Thoughts, guys and gals?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

CCV - Contract up and loan out, again. He needs more games and he'll probably not get them at Spurs, unfortunately.
    Onomah - Use him or find a suitable loan where he'll play in position. We're short on homegrown and club grown players and he has potential.
    Jannsen - I'd be tempted to keep him, as we'll get **** all for him right now. Sell if we can get a suitable offer.
    N'Koudou - Sell or loan. Doesn't suit our style of play, but he seems like a decent player and a nice bloke.

Dier Hard likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Summer is the time for those players, via WC duty
    and/or club pre-season, to show they warrant a
    place in the senior squad and deserve regular
    football (starting XI or subs) .

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

CCV - bring back, although probably find the right club to loan him to considering he was as bad for Sheffield United as he's been good for Ipswich
    Onomah - bring back, although I feel next season is make of break for him
    Janssen - bring back, because at this point the best use for him is a cash + player deal
    GKN - sell, as there's no way he's displacing Son while Moura's essentially taken his role in the team now

Edwards - bring back, but next season is surely his final chance
    Ogilvie - pre-season, as he's done well on various loans at Stevenage and Gillingham so a Championship loan/sale is feasible
    Walkes - bring back, as he's done okay for Atlanta and Portsmouth, and it's worth trying for a Championship loan/sale
    Amos - pre-season, he's done okay at Stevenage to is worth reassessing, although is probably shifting behind TOB et al
    Harrison - sell, not done much at Southend and behind Sterling, with both Griffiths and Richards likely to overtake him too
    Loft - sell, because if he can't get a game for Exeter there's no way he's getting a game for us
    Glover - sell, as he's hardly played in the A-League and we have Whiteman and De Bie in the academy

Dier Hard likes this.
  5. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

CCV - bring back and use for the cups. I'm inclined to have him learning the ropes from Jan while the latter is at the very peak of his powers.

Foyth - loan out to a lower division to toughen him up. And get him a gym subscription.

Onomah - he's a player I really wanted to see flourish but it hasn't quite worked out for him at Villa and if anything they have steadily climbed the league since Bruce dropped him to the bench. I still think he's miles off of being a first team regular. One more chance out on loan but let's choose wisely this time. Send him somewhere where he'll play regulalry and they play the right way. Rochdale, if they survive? Norwich, if we nick Maddison?

GKN - total waste of time and money. Sell to the highest bidder.

Janssen - see GKN. I hear the value of the argument to not sell him now as his stock is so low, but there is every possibility that it'll be even lower by next summer.

Dier Hard likes this.