1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What's happened to Dave??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Apparently the knives are out for Dave, which I think is a bit premature. He's not been playing well that's for sure, but I don't remember him ever having a prolonged dip in form in the past. The team is in total rebuild mode, we are missing key defenders in Rudi and Kante, we are missing RLC and CHO and Reece James, we are missing Pedro, still experimenting with different midfields, we have a newby in Pulisic. That all adds up to us being a very long way from settled yet in either our team selections or our preferred style of play. It should be that when things are more normal, we will be able to play more than one style, and use different players for each. Meanwhile, Dave and the rest of our defenders are under more pressure than they should be, until the rest of the equations are worked out.I think Dave has earned the "right" to a form dip, which every player has occasionally, and he needs some R&R and some help, not calls for his sacking.

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. The Ginger Marks

He has just gone off the boil, no drama.

Naas Blue likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Knives are out because hes never been great going forward but is very solid at the back.

Recently he has been neither and i hope he recovers his form as he is still relatively young (but has played loads of footie in recent years) and is a really nice guy by all accounts.

Naas Blue likes this.
  4. The Ginger Marks

What is it with you new to Chelsea bumholes? Dave is quality full stop. He's had a few bad games, WTF? Get a grip you whinging ****s FFS.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Lol i haven't been whinging telling it as it is. If anything I've said exactly the same as you minus the he's my very good at attacking part

6. The Ginger Marks

In my defence I may have been under the influence of the devils juice. <whistle>

Naas Blue, Blueman and BobbyD like this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Thought that seemed a bit strong Ginge !! I found out the hard way that Devil Juice and keyboards don't mix ,when I sent off an e mail to a relative. Took more than 6 months to calm everyone down !! Wife still brings it up occasionally.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  8. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

I feckin knew it Ginge. I was goin to slag you last night. Give AA a try....it's real easy. As far as i remember all you have to do is stand up in front of whoever is at the meeting and say...my name is Ginge and i'm an alcoholic !!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm P.S. On a more serious note i agree with your earlier (sober) post...he's just off the boil at the moment. When Rudi is back and Kante is covering he and we will be grand.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

AA is AA
    Amen to all this. AA involves God Bothering, which bothered me as a non believer, when all is needed is a bit of grit. And speaking of grit, Rudi and Kante will give us plenty.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  10. The Ginger Marks

Yeah apologies once more, I'm an old git who goes back to Bently et al. I cannot be critical like Stan and some others, it's my club whatever happens.

Naas Blue likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Absolutely no problem for me. And be as critical as you like, that's what the forum is for .

Naas Blue likes this.
  12. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

13. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Stan. Stan. Who (or where) the **** is Stan?