1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What we wished for!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

2. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Big Mick must be thinking what the hell was going on yesterday

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Let’s see what happens on the pitch. Mick had years of backing from the fans before it came to a head.

However it is wonderful for him to have to endure hearing the Portman Road faithful in such fine fettle if only for his stupid comments and having a dig about the McLean goal.

4. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Lambert has brought back some pride and unity, long may it continue!

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Okay going to give my take and happy to be ripped to pieces - but can only say it how I see it.

The majority wanted Mick out, fair play, gone.
    Hurst came in - alright - gone.

Now for Lambert. LOVE what he's doing off the pitch. I guess perhaps he has to, to a point due to Norwich connections. However he gets it. Fair play. Goes and gets legends, praises the fans like no tomorrow, positive positive positive, attempting to play better football. Off the pitch, 10/10 - absolutely terrific.

On the pitch - results have been absolutely guff. They have infact been worse than Hurst's - we were 4 points off safety ( 5 with goal difference ) when Hurst was let go - and we've never made any inroads. They aren't good enough at all - I think either -

* If we'd kept Hurst ( hate to say this ) OR if Lambert had gone more direct in the first place, we'd have had a far better chance of survival than we've ended up with.

Regards survival, it's been horrific.

If you disregard survival in the league, and are of the opinion ( which I can get ) that Hurst had done too much wrong, and Lambert walked into an absolutely unworkable position then I can get why people have the opinion of Lambert so high.

Really depends what angle / subjectivitiy you look at things - not aiming to stir the pot etc or be a pain here, it's just how I see it.

The one thing I can say, again however you look at it, is Lambert has united the club and I guess made us as fans feel part of it all - probably the most united we've been since Burley.