1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What to think of Kights

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Quote from Kights : "I just felt when you've been at a club a long time you can go a bit stale. I didn't feel like I was going stale but I didn't want that to happen and I felt like I was ready for a new challenge.

"I'll be criticised from the fans and part of me understands that, but I'd like to think if they put themselves in my shoes and weigh up the options I've had, hopefully they can find it in their hearts to agree with me.

Accepting that most professional footballers are self centred with good reason, why should we agree with him? As a club we gave him his break in full time football, and paid his wages through 18 months of a career threatening injury. Now into the bargain he signs for a club that plays effective but depressingly awful football.
    Kights, if things go badly for you, I hope you look back in a couple of years time and wish you'd shown a bit of loyalty.

2. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Not Quite
    I don't often post on this board matie and this is totally in peace..
    1. Sincerely hope that Wolves can bounce right back into the Premier League.

2. Since we've signed Kightly I was'nt sure how the Wolves fans rated the lad and truth be told, I've not seen that much of him.

3. I agree our football is a best (effective) I'm first to say it, sometimes is as boring a hell.

4. Which is Kightly's best position as we've signed him as cover for Matty and Pennant? And do you think he will improve us.

All the best for the season!

3. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Hi Pottermouth,
    Kights was very popular at Molineux. His vision and decision making round the box are excellent, although it was a major disappointment that he hardly played for us in the Premier League because of injuries, so we don't really know if he can do it at that level.
    I'm sure Pulis sees him as an alternative to Pennant and Etherington, but he can be equally effective playing alongside the main striker. Sorry to have another pop at the style, but I just don't think he's physically strong enough to play how Pulis wants his strikers to play, so you are only going to see him out wide.
    Just to even things up, Wolves haven't provided much entertainment over the last couple of seasons and they are not effective either. It was always expected that once we went down we would lose our best players, and that is what has happened.
    Signing Kightly is a bit of a risk. He's not really proven in the Premier League and his fitness record wasn't great before the knee problems, but if his fitness holds up he could be a good signing for you.
    All the best.