1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What player are you most excited about this season?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Aug 30, 2013.

?

Which player will make the biggest impact this season?

1. Paulinho

2. Nacer Chadli

3. Roberto Soldado

4. Etienne Capoue

5. Christian Eriksen

6. Vlad Chiriches

7. Erik Lamela

8. Andros Townsend

9. Jermaine Defoe

10. Other...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great 2013 summer transfer window for Spurs! It's been a long time coming and I for one feel all our Christmases came at once. New signings and a few familiar faces have a point to prove this season with AVB building the dream team he wants (with or without Bale). So which player are you most looking forward to seeing and believe will make the biggest impact this season?

Cast your votes and let's see who ends up being the biggest Spurs legend come the end of the 2013/14 season. COYS!!!

NB: This poll assumes most transfer business is concluded but with the influx of players, who knows? So I added "Other..." as an option in case we buy yet more talent or you believe another squad player will make the difference.

2. junction8spurs

junction8spurs Active Member

Close between Lamela & eriksen.
    I've gone for Lamela, if everything I've read & heard about him is true then I reckon we've signed a top drawer player!

Looking forward to seeing them at some stage on Sunday!!

C.O.Y.S.

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can you imagine posting that list as largely potential signings at the end of last season?
    Everyone would think you were being ridiculous.

I'm going to go with Paulinho. He just seems ideal for the Premier League and he's already putting in some sterling performances.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Eriksen for me as I've seen him enough times to actually know why I'm excited about his signing lol.

Though Lamela has naturally given me goosebumps. Amazed we've brought in such a highly rated talent, plus the fact he's our record signing always makes it that little special.

5. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Lamela, mainly because I've always preferred Argentina to Brazil for south American football and Lamela's name has been mentioned for the last couple of years about him being a special talent and while I haven't seen much of him play and can't comment on how great he will be, he is the one I'm looking forward most to seeing in action and if he lives up to the hype.

6. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

carroll or holtby for me <run>

7. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

I know right? In a close season where we have outspent everyone, including Man £ity, it seems pretty surreal to think that list is one transfer window worth of signings!

8. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

Defintley not looking forward to the end of october now :(

9. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Agree with PNP, Paulinho has already been immense and will be a integral part of what Erikson & Lamela will be able to do.
    Not forgetting Capoue he is a bulldozer.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Voted as a Manc red, i think Soldado will make the most impact on your season as an individual because he is the striker you have been missing. The other players will all make a big impact but in terms of goals they will only cancell out the loss of Bale between them, the extra/lacking goals will come from a good strike, Soldado.

11. We would have been called deluded. And probably quite rightly so, too.

So many professional pundits have expressed their excitement about this Spurs side, with many believing that AVB now has what it takes to win the title, not this season, but within the next three.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Steady HIAG, challenge, probably, but you must remember that is three more seasons for your competitors to strengthen!

13. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

Gooner in peace

Excited by Lamela, he's looked a top talent, and i'll be interested to see how he performs for you. If he gets you to 4th place above us, i'll be a touch peeved.

14. Sure, but it's not me saying it, I'm reporting what certain professional pundits are saying.

15. Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadi....

I'm looking forward to seeing all of them play!

16. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

So ****ing excited for Eriksen, he's been in my FIFA/FM teams since around 2011. From what I've seen of the player in real life, he's genuinely going to progress into the player they portray. Probably the best player to come out of Denmark since Laudrup, although his closest competition is probably Bentder :p

17. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

No prizes for guessing who I voted for.

He will finally give us what we've been missing for so long. So excited about this transfer that for the first time I years, I might actually get a name printed on the back of my shirt.

COYS!

18. Tottenham Jamspurs

<laugh> I read the poll wrong and thought 7 people had voted for Chichires!

19. Spurs61

Spurs61 Well-Known Member

Oh - you voted Defoe then did you :)

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Though keep an eye out for his former team mate at Ajax, Viktor Fischer. Extremely talented left wing forward, when I went Ajax last season he tore the PSV defence a new arsehole and impressed in his debut season. He's already been linked with Utd and Chelsea. Has the potential become a top class player, like Eriksen, in my opinion.