1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What game was he watching

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by yellowcanary, Aug 21, 2011.

1. yellowcanary

yellowcanary Member

I have just heard a stoke fan on the radio saying they should of won by 3 goals what game was he watching.he also said we will be lucky to stay up

2. jammis

jammis Member

On Talksport? heard that too, strange how different fans see games. Pulis said in his interview that Stoke should have got a hat full. The ESPN highlights said we were unlucky not to get the win, be interesting to see what MOTD's pundits think...

3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Funny use of the word "interesting" jammis...

Lost all faith in MOTD

4. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

They should have scored 3 but guess what, ya didn't. There was a particularly impressive period where Stoke seemed to be going for the "shots off target record"

Couldn't hit a barn door with an inflatable canary...

5. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

The Jones effort from 7yds springs to mind. A VERY early contender for miss of the season that.

6. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

We should have won but with our shower of a midfield we only managed the one goal and a good goal at that.
    Can't wait for MOTD as I don't think Hansen will be able to explain away such a woeful decision by a so called ref.

Jones miss my granny would have scored. As a stoke fan I must say, I would be embarassed had we won because of that
    penalty decision. The ref should be banned IMHO it's so bad it's almost funny unless you support Norwich of course.

And, YOU can and I think WILL stay up. You were not brilliant but neither were we(Stoke) I saw more than enough today that say's
    you will be ok this season. <ok>

7. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

Hansen will find some reason why Walters running into Barnett outside the area was a cast iron penalty. He won't be able to help himself.

8. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

it seems not a penalty !! but we did not score the red card was right and then it was backs to the walls .... how can any Norwich fan fan say we did nt deserve a point !! a long hard winter is predicted !!!!! good luck Norwich u will need it !

9. JonahJameson

JonahJameson Active Member

Indeed, Beef. Shocking display of attempted finishing in the second half. Stoke would struggle to score against my lot on that evidence. Well&#8230;any more than three anyway.

How two officials managed to see that foul as inside the penalty area is beyond me, though the same can be said for why Holt didn&#8217;t get yellows for any of his four outrageous dives in the first half &#8211; tried to get Woodgate sent off twice. Only to be expected from such a piece of worthless scum. Plus the penalty-attempt dive in the second minute by the bloke who later won the free kick that you scored from (an Olympic standard dive over Woodgate). Plus the foul on Stoke defenders that allowed your on-loan bloke to score.

Apart from that, until you went down to ten men you played some good stuff. Why you insist with this cheating and diving and haranguing refs I really don&#8217;t know. You seem good enough to get by without it. As the season wears on, this stuff will get noticed.

Talking of which, I haven&#8217;t seen the penalty given to Wigan, but if the ref gave a penalty, why wasn&#8217;t it a red? As it was there was no card at all! Odd, because last season Holt only had to fall over in the centre circle and the idiot ref would wave a red at the nearest opposition player, with any number of covering defenders on clear display.

10. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that the "Olympic standard dive over Woodgate" that got a free kick which we scored from was a stonewall freekick because it was two-footed, studs up, feet off the floor. That's why Woodgate got carded, it wasn't that there was contact it was the recklessness of Woodgate's challenge.

The Wigan penalty wasn't a red card because I think the ref judged it not to be a goal-scoring opportunity or last man- he was right in the corner, our GK was closing in and there was another defender the other side who might have been able to challenge. That being said, it was almost exactly the same scenario yesterday (though Barnett was actually in front of Walters and looked like the one being fouled). All in all it was completely confusing.

I agree with your assessment of Holt and his diving, he seems to go straight to ground if he gets the slightest of touches, and a couple of times when I felt it would have been better to stay on his feet and have a go. If he keeps it up, other teams are going to hate him... Not sure we harangued the ref as such though, no worse than Stoke did anyway.

11. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

How any body with half a brain saw that as a foul at all is beyond me, absolutely pathetic. Walters went down like the sack of **** that he is after minimal contact - he's supposed to be a grown man for ****'s sake, stay on your feet you prick!

Incredibly rich for you to call our captain "wortlhess scum" and bang on about our cheating and haranguing of the ref to be honest. And to accuse Bennett of an "Olympic standard dive" when Woodgate almost sliced him in half with a horrendously timed two-footed lunge highlights your ignorance my friend so your opinion is worth **** all round here so jog on eh? <ok>

12. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Jonah
    IPSWICH fan <yikes>
    The only bit you got right was that Holt goes down quicker than the Titanic did! And it wasn't a penalty.
    P.S.

And Sid I'm a Stoke fan and Walters does not dive unlike Holt does. And, Woodgate deserved a booking you will see a lot worse than that this season and not by Stoke players. Tackles i.e. Lee Cattermole.. dives where do you want me to start...

Good luck for the season although I think you will be fine. Just tell Holt to fall over in the area not on the half way line.

13. Exile

Exile Member

It seems our new ref friend Mr. Swarbrick writes match reports for the telegraph: "Disaster struck for the home side on 63 minutes when Walters got ahead of Barnett and into the Norwich box, before tumbling." <doh>

14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

True, their shooting reminded me of MacNamee's crossing. Row Z, or out of the ground altogether.