1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What do we do now?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CanaryJim, May 3, 2011.

1. CanaryJim

CanaryJim Member

I know we were only promoted yesterday and the season hasn't even ended yet, but we now know our fate, we know next season we will be a Premier League team!! (can't get over saying that)

So, what do we need to do as a club to build on the fantastic two seasons we have just enjoyed?

I seriously believe that the lower end of the PL is pretty weak and there will be at least 3 teams that we can finish above. The thing we have, that all clubs crave, is a squad that play with as much passion as any random 11 from the Barclay end would, this will hold us in good stead.

I think we could do with spending a little money on perhaps a proven PL striker (I'm thinking to play alongside Holt as I feel Simmo may take a while in the PL), maybe someone with a great left foot to play in front of Tierney and a strong defensive midfielder to ensure we can get the ball and keep it - competing in midfield will be very tough. I would love to see us buy Lansbury for a start!

What do you guys think? Do we need to spend any money at all? Any players in mind?

OTBC!

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the important thing is to maintain the team spirit. Lambert has worked wonders to get the team all playing for each other, and that must be carried forwards. Sure we're going to need some more players, especially in the positions mentioned, but we need to make sure the players coming in gel with the current team, and keep that spirit going. The last thing we need is to spend millions on a complete ass who puts everyone else's back up.

3. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

I honestly don't want to think about squad changes yet. I just want to enjoy what this current group of guys have achieved. I'll be at the Riverside and the match on Saturday to show the lads my appreciation. All I will say is we must not destroy the heart of the team and almost all of the players have earned a shot at Premier league football.