1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What an absolute mess

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Tewkesbury Addick, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I am so glad we've got not606.

I've just looked on the BBC Sport website under Football.

Not only have they still not switched teams into their correct divisions, but they're showing local news headlines on our page which go back to January.

Thought it might have been a mistake, so I clicked onto Sheffield Wednesday's page and it's exactly the same.

When they got rid of 606, I wonder if they threw the baby out with the bathwater and all the decent webmasters and HTML designers jumped ship?

It would be laughable - except that we pay for this rubbish...

2. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Tewks I can only agree. The troubloe is that they have to pay millions to move all of their staff up to Salford to protect the lovies who promised the last government that there would be work in the North West. If you were a capable web designer/web master and could get employment quite easily get work in the Cambridge Oxford Reading London heartlands of the IT industry or web industry why would you move to Salford. Hence the good ones have got alternative employment down south with a hefty reduindancy payment. The bad ones have been relocated and promoted all at our expense.

You would have thought the last government would have learned the lessons of its 1960's predecessors in trying to artificially relocate production. Remember the Hillman Imp production at Linwood which brought the Rootes group to its knees. The BBC is going to fail at Salford and whilst it is on its knees we will pay for it. Rant over

3. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Difficult to disagree with that SVC - you're dead right that we'll be paying through the nose.