1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What ambition do the Venkys really have.

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by rover in geodieland, Jun 11, 2011.

1. rover in geodieland

rover in geodieland New Member

When the Venkys took over, they were saying things like "We want this club to be up there with the best, challenging for champions league qualification every year".

Then it changed to "we wanbt to be challenging for european qualification" and After that Steve " voice of the board" Kean was stating that we wanted simply to saty in the premier league and kick on from there.

Well we managed to stay in the premier league( just about ) but i wouldnt say selling our what i think is potentialy the best young englishmen ( phil jones ) could be described as Kicking on.

So my question is..... Do the venkys really want us to Kick on and stop being a lower premier league club that will attempt to avoid relegation each season or are they really looking to Kick on. if so we really need to see them spend some serious money and bring in some talent. Only time will tell what the Venkys really have planned for us, I just hope they learn from there early mistakes and move our beloved club in the right direction.

2. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

It does look a bit worrying considering Venky's saying they want to challenge for champions league qualification, and after that Blackburn are selling there two best CB's (it looks like Samba is destined to go)

3. bburnrover

bburnrover New Member

I am more realistic as which club out there can prevent a players head being turned by a bigger club or more money?
    Man U could not retain Villa and I am suprised Barca have held on to their top stars with mega rich owners at Real and City there main competitors.
    Kean needs to buy wisely but the silence we are hearing coming out of Ewood may give some of us the impression that he is failing bringing his main targets in.
    I think that he would do well to look at the Barcelona B kids as the Spanish players look a class above especially in midfield and Barcelona may let us have a couple more on the same deal as Rochina left on and he looks a promising prospect.
    I do hope he manages to get one of the defenders from Birmingham as we do need to replace both Jones and Samba if he decides to join Arsenal next month.
    Paul Ince was fired due not to the football he attempted to play it was down to the previous transfer season which was a failure as grella and Andrews were not up to the job and Robinson was a no brainer transfer as he was on the transfer list at Spuds.I hope Kentaro can swing a few good ones for us as Kean does not have the charisma of othere Premiership managers to attract players.

4. bburnrover

bburnrover New Member

Sorry not Villa Ronaldo i was readind villa may leave barca.