1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a Hundred Million can do for you......

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

And...…… A win on the 20th could take us out of the bottom 3 and them into it.

3. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

So what's all this 'out of our depth' bollox being spouted everywhere (even on this forum).

BluefromBridgend and DaiJones like this.
  4. DaiJones

:emoticon-0148-yes: <applause><applause>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

It's all relative Whiff.

We're not competing on a level playing field playerwise as the established Prem sides. That's not just the elite half dozen that win everything between them, and to that extent we are out of our depth.

Clubs who've had a few seasons up here know what it takes - just look at a small club like Bournemouth.

The point being made in the thread title is that just throwing money at it could be as naive as failing to.

There is an awful long way to go and being bottom of the stack today could be converted to a mid table spot in another half dozen games - but I wont hold my breath. The next game against Fulham could be pivotal in that ambition.

No way is this doom and gloom, just that we could have done more to give ourselves a better chance of pushing 3 other teams below us in the League.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I’ve just commented on how pivotal this game is going to be from another perspective in the Warnock thread.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  7. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

We'll see what happens on match day. Looking back so far, all minus the Man City game (for obvious reasons) we haven't embarrassed ourselves. I thought we played well against Spurs, and had it not been for Ralls' ridiculously reckless challenge, we could AND SHOULD have got something against them.

We play like that against Fulham, and we'll have a great game on our hands and no reason why we shouldn't take all 3 points!

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Except Sessignon always scores against us<doh>

9. Jay-Rede

As long as we cancel out his goal, I'm good with that <laugh>

10. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Agree Jay...Could & probably should have beaten Huddersfield, the Geordie's & Burnley. Could (possibly, just about ) have nicked something off Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs. Well beaten by Bournemouth & 'ammered by City. Still all to play for.

Jay-Rede likes this.

11. Jay-Rede

I'm back to being slightly optimistic. If we keep the likes of Newcastle, Fulham and Udders around us we should have a great relegation scrap on our hands. We just need to hope that none of them pick up many more points and we can get the odd win or draw here and there.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Still sticking to my pre-season prediction of Huddersfield, Southampton and Fulham to go down. For all their internal problems, I can see Newcastle acculumlating enough points to keep them safe, but Burnley looked very poor against us and could take their place as a real contender for the trap door.

We should have beaten Huddersfield up there but the point we came away with might suit us with having them at home in January. Fulham home next up and Southampton home before Christmas are mega games just as Burnley was bulled up to be before we lost it.

Not taking max points from those two and we'll be right in the **** for the busy Christmas programme unless we beat Liverpool instead.......<laugh>

13. Jay-Rede

Wouldn't that be a dream come true <laugh>

14. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Just not good enough i'm afraid, The toon cant buy a win ad you struggled against them and as for spurs then your having a <laugh> if you thought you could beat them ffs.....It is all down to like the last time...poorly prepared......Just look a Wolves and the way they have prepared for premiership football, That is how to do it.....It is a shame you never learned your lesson from the last time and Warnock is clueless on what to do.......You are bound to win but i cant see you ever reaching double figures this season and maybe 3 or 4 games with luck on your side. My best mate who lives by me is a massive Cardiff fan and he is right pissed off the club has let him down and wants Warnock gone and big investment on players in January but he reckons Tan wont do that.........If we can do 7 seasons then surely you can do more than one......

15. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Dai you are such a tit.

Wolves = loads of money

Us = not loads of money

Only one likely outcome but a major gamble by Wolves owners.

Jack's not exactly setting the Championship on fire are they?

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Not bad for a complete new team though are we....And what money did we have when we won promotion.......It is all to do with how you prepare and how good the manager is.....and Warnock dont have it as many teams will testify to......

17. DaiJones

You lost to the bottom team at home in the championship.

We lost to a top 5 team away in the Prem.

Think about it.

18. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Sorry Dai. No excuses. You got relegated from the Premier League. You should be knocking on the door of automatic promotion. I notice you are on your own board praising your wonderful owners when everybody else is criticizing them. I think you should be focusing on the problems the Swans have rather than us. Whether we stay up or go down, we will be better off in the long run. The Swans look in decline.

Are we relegated yet? Not by a long shot. Are we favorites to go down? Of course. However, at least we are going to fight for it. Something the Swans did not do on their exit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

This is the only part I would argue against. To be honest, we don't know if we could have done more. Warnock tried to get players they didn't come. Tan decided on a budget and we stuck to the budget.Should we have thrown more money at it? Should we have overpaid for players? Perhaps, but again would that have mattered anyway. It is possible we may have managed to get the striker we needed, but did we want to spend the 20+ million required to do so??

And that is probably where the two views differ. I am glad we didn't spend another 30 million on players because there would have be no guarantee they would have performed anyway. They would have been unknowns otherwise they would not have been available to us.

If Morrison had of taken the 3 chances he has had this season, Zohore and Reid the two good chances they had, and Arter the 2 good chances he has had, we may well be looking a lot better. If this squad stays motivated, we have a fighting chance.

20. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

In relation to Dull Dai (not you obviously) your last line says it all. <ok>

DaiJones likes this.