1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a good guy

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, May 1, 2020.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

When I broke my hip a few years ago, I was unable to bend to cut my toe nails, so I paid a chiropodist to do it for me . ........... When I asked her where she was from, she said "I'm not telling you" ...... That made it obvious she was from Cardiff, but she was great, and now that we were locked in, she turns up about three times a week, and takes JAX our dog for a walk.
    A few days ago she turned up to get the dog, but her husband was driving, and he noticed that that one of the front wheels of my car on the drive badly needed air, and offered to take it away and pump it up.
    When he returned he had put the spare wheel on, and showed me the fault with the wheel, .........every time he moved the valve to one side air blew out.. ..... the wheel was badly worn on one side and needed changing. All other wheels were. Well worn, but leagal . He then surprised me ,by asking me if I would like the lot changed, as he had a mate who worked in a tyre service. I was so surprised, but I agreed.

A couple of hours later, he returned , the car had 4 brand new tyres, and a hundred pounds of change.
    Then the shock, ........... refused point blank to take anything. at all for the few hours taken up to really help me. My wife tried to make him take some money, but no way. ........... if I had bought those tyres, they would have cost me a hundred more.
    He had a bloody good job, and left his new car in our drive, think it was a B.M. W. 3.3. His Wife drives a Range Rover, so they are not short of money.......... They said they just wanted to help as I was locked down and not very mobile.
    I still can't get my head round it, Why would a man who was well off go out of his way to give me so much of his time to help me for no reward. ..... just saying thank you thank you. thank you, is so feeble.
    Just proves that there are still a lot of good people hidden out there, and only surface when really needed

All I can say is. diolch yn fawr .

2. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

A lovely story, Victor. It goes to show there are some great people about who just want to help. In the end, the bloke felt he'd done some good and, being blunt, he probably had nothing else to do and it filled a few hours. Hopefully, at some time in the future you'll get a chance to pay it forward, as they say. A bit of kindness never goes amiss.

Victor, Taffvalerowdy and 55282 like this.
  3. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you say, .... but I would not describe it as a lovely story, It is fact, and this man went out of his way to help. He has a very good job, and is working from home.. I don't know of many who would have given 4 hours up and gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to assist in this way. This is truth, to a story

4. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Sorry Victor....I was not suggesting it was not true. And I agree that this guy has gone out of his way for no benefit to himself. A few more like him and it would not be such a ****ty world and at this time, we need more of it.

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Plenty of good people in the world Victor, as you found out, just not many in Government.....................<laugh>

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Maybe he fancies you :emoticon-0136-giggl

<sorry>

7. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Hard to see the good in people for all the bad Vic. First thought here mate, “what are they after”. I truly hope nowt, but that’s just me. Always on guard, trust no-one.

Victor likes this.
  8. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

No chance, He was more interested. In the sheep on the mountain.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Have not seen him since, ..... I'm the same as you, always on guard, ............. but on this occasion, he wanted nothing at all , Even turned down forty 40 quid. Knew that I was laid up after hospital.

TheRealBubbles likes this.