1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic What’s everyone doing during the lockdown?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Apr 15, 2020.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I just wondered what everyone is doing at this time?
    Mrs R&W and I are really lucky - we are both working from home on full pay and I’ve managed to save a small fortune on petrol and pub visits.
    The weather has really helped and I’ve managed to do lots of work in the garden which I’ve been putting off for ages.
    I know others have been far less fortunate - I hope Shiny is ok - the hospitality industry has taken a massive hit and I do feel for the people who work in it.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Word for word almost the same as you mate. Missus and I have both been WFH since the last week of March and I have also saved a lot of money on Diesel.
    Have spent more on food and beer though but both freezers are full as is the beer fridge so it's not all bad !
    I feel for everyone affected by all this who were working in the travel, food, retail and hospitality industries that won't have been as lucky plus those who've selflessly gone about their jobs, some at the cost of their own lives, within the NHS. What a job they're doing.
    I'm also way ahead with all the jobs I had planned outside the front and back of the house this Summer, including staining fences, painting walls and such like, and I actually run the risk of running out of things to do.
    But I have enjoyed not commuting and the weather has been lovely, although the lawn and garden are already dried up and need some rain, which is apparently what we're getting from tomorrow morning onwards.

BCFCRob likes this.
  3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Same for me, out in the garden sorting plants, putting up canes for the beans, cutting grass and painting the fence, I would have been down in my bolt hole in Cornwall but not allowed, oh and I have developed the habit of cooking, believe it or not I quite enjoy it but it's the washing up, I can't figure out the bloody dish washer.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Furloughed all staff and have been working harder at home than I do at work.
    So much done in my garden and getting a lovely tan as well.
    Keep safe everyone

5. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Working from home with my girlfriend and a couple of our mates. Can’t say it’s really been bad yet. Had a right laugh most of the time and not doing each other’s head in quite yet

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I’m off at the moment on compassionate leave.
    Because of Covid, we are only allowed 5 mourners, no cars, no flowers and found out today my dad can’t wear his own clothes.
    Up until being diagnosed last year he ran 6 miles a day 3-4 times a week. Always wore shorts, running tops and running trainers. He hated wearing normal trousers and shirts, probably being ex sales man he just wanted to forget his working life.
    Prior to this, I’m working from home as is my wife. But with us both working not had time during the week to do things.
    Was planning to do things last weekend, but with my dad deteriorating so quick last week, till ending in a hospice till passing away on Sunday morning. Put that on hold.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Take care ROD, thnking of you and your family.RIP your Dad.

RedorDead likes this.
  8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Take care and stay strong, horrible losing a loved one.

RedorDead likes this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sympathies ROD from a Bluebird. Been there, done that and don't want to go there again.

RedorDead likes this.
  10. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Sympathies ROD, not nice losing a parent , stay strong . RIP rods dad

RedorDead likes this.

11. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

the wife has a small gym,upstairs wih a pole dancing pole so have having a go at that...not very well,also been practasing some old karate katas that I haven't done for years, still take the dog to Birkdale beach with the binoculars,thinking of having a pop at home brewing,so with the gardening pretty busy, plus the house stinks of voltarol cream,

12. bcfcredandwhite

So sorry to hear about your dad ROD. Best wishes and prayers to all your family.

RedorDead likes this.
  13. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

As all the above said, so sorry to hear that. What a rubbish time :(

RedorDead likes this.
  14. Angelicnumber16

Really sorry to hear your news ROD <rose>

RedorDead likes this.
  15. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

really sad to hear, know the anguish you must be feeling against the backdrop of present day covid burials.. my daughters mum in law died a few weeks ago funeral is next week only 2 allowed and as you comment not even allowed to wear her own clothes, issue with jewellery? but can have things put in coffin, and the one she had sorted , a wicker one will not be used [ she had been ill on and off for a couple of years ] . we are only allowed to follow in cars behind the final journey and not allowed to go into cemetery "chapel" ...… with 3 children, only 1 can accompany their dad how cruel is that! … <rose>

RedorDead likes this.
  16. bcfcredandwhite

Sad coincidence my wife’s cousin died suddenly yesterday - we were informed yesterday afternoon after the discussion above. he was 67 with no ongoing health issues that we knew of.

17. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

18. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your sad news Antknee,, take care Mate

RedorDead likes this.
  19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can understand that.<laugh>

MassiveAttack likes this.
  20. Angelicnumber16

My Mother in Law (82) is in the BRI after a fall at home several weeks ago. The family were initially told to go straight in as she wasn't expected to last more than a couple of hours.
    But that was 4 weeks ago and whilst she's no longer considered to be in a critical condition (the Hospital admitted they got the initial diagnosis wrong!), from day 2 onwards she's not been allowed visitors due to Coronavirus.