1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Ham United vs Queens Park Rangers

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Swords Hoopster., Jan 17, 2013.

1. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Oi Alf, Buzz, you boys in???

First of all, having just watched the highlights of your Cup game at Old Trafford, I think the Ref has done you a disservice. Typical United decision not to give you the same PEN they got. Ah well, that's the way it is when small Clubs play there. You're playing against 12 men.

So, onto this weekends game. How do you boys think it will go? You suffered a 3-0 reverse at S'land the weekend so you should be up for this one to put it right. Sitting nicely in mid-table but on some shaky form, are you looking upward towards Europe or starting to twitch a bit and look over your shoulder?

As for us, its obviously been a disastrous season. With all the money Hughes spent in the Summer, most of us were eyeing up a lower-mid table finish. But having looked dead and buried a couple of weeks ago, all of a sudden there's a sliver of hope. We've signed a French striker and we're hoping to give it a right good go in the remaining games. Personally, I see this as a must win game. Its a very hard place to go to get a win but because of the desperate situation we've got ourselves in, we simply MUST start winning now.

What you reckon lads?

2. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

I reckon that you are talking to yourself swords

3. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I think we all know we won't be the last to play against 12 men vs Man Utd, we'll just have to live with it.

Looking for Europe would be unrealistic, we don't have the squad size to mount a top 7-8 spot challenge. I'm not looking over my shoulder yet but we have a run of games where we must start picking up points and approaching the 40 point mark as our run-in to the end is appalling.
    Like you I view this as a must win league, in what ever season, if you can't beat the team at the bottom of the league at home, who can you beat.

Do you think Remy will play? won't have a lot of time to settle in and get to know his teammates.

I'm afraid I can't see you staying up, you will need to show Champions League qualifying form and I'm not sure you have the depth in squad to do that, sure you have a nice first 11 on paper but if your key players like Taarabt get injured?
    We will most likely see the return of Diame and Noble for this game, our two best players, after both missed the Sunderland game.

Will be interesting to watch, I think both managers will try and get the 3 points.

4. Swords Hoopster.

Not quite. We have to average exactly one and a half points per game to get to the magic 38. So we must win half our games and lose the other half. A very tall order considering how terrible we've been so far, yes. But not entirely impossible. A win on Saturday and we're back in it. But as I said above, it is a MUST win game.

Aye, Remy will probably go straight into the starting line up. Personally I'd go with the same team that played the last two games but I suppose we do need goals so Harry will probably chuck him in the deep end.

Diame looks to be your pivotal player. He strings everything together for you. Is it true the Arsenal are trying to poach him?

P.S. I agree that anything other than a win for you at home to the bottom side would be a sh*te result.

(EDIT: There's a thread running on said player on our Board now: http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/190729-Diame)

5. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I don't know, we will see

6. Swords Hoopster.

Wow, well there's a response! How long did it take you to write that article? <doh>

Where's Alf Garnett aka Miggins? Maybe he'll make more of an effort.................

7. Busy Being Headhunted

<cheers>
    please log in to view this image

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

When you fancy us to get a result we inevitably don't turn up. It will be difficult to sit deep given their aerial prowess, but I don't honestly feel there is a lot to fear if we defend like we have done recently.

9. Swords Hoopster.

Not if we were to sit in and try get a point. But considering we've City up next and the fact that we're 5 points adrift, I think we HAVE to win this one - difficult and all as no doubt it will be.

We'll have to be more open than our last two league games and that'll put a bit more pressure on Hill and Nelson. Its awful that we've put ourselves in such a situation that we have to go away from home and beat decent teams just to keep in touch.

10. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

I think West Ham will beat QPR 2-1 tomorrow.

Having said that I still think QPR will stay up.

11. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I thought that I had gone over to the West Ham site. Apparently not!

12. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Ok, Firstly it&#8217;s hard to tell nowadays what deals will happen during the transfer windows, as a West Ham fan, during the last few years, I&#8217;ve seen us linked from players such as Neymar, Tevez and others that fall into that category to players like Joey Barton and Fernando Torres. Considering nowadays every media newspaper will look to fill some pages by linking clubs to players, (some journalists have even admitted to making up rumours off the top of their heads), then we have ye old &#8220;I have a source who is often reliable, but this is just what I&#8217;m told, take it or leave&#8221; ITK who will hang around on internet forums and finally we have loads of ITK kids on twitter who talk ****e 24/7. Due to all of that it is impossible for someone such as myself who has no inside knowledge about the club to know what is happening on the transfer side of things.

Regarding Diame, he is a key player for us, he has easily been the Free transfer of the season, and I know he sees the club as a stepping stone to move onto a bigger club, this has been proven with him running down his contract at Wigan and putting a release clause into his current contract and having his agent release this information to the press. I can&#8217;t help but feel not many clubs were in for him due to us getting him right at the start of the summer transfer window. If someone wasn&#8217;t willing to take a punt on him for free, why would they pay 3.5 Million for him now? I don&#8217;t believe he&#8217;s showed the consistency to play for a top 6 club where he would only get limited time to play. He was amazing against Chelsea and Arsenal, but has been right dog ****e against Wigan or Aston Villa, we play a physical in your face style that suits a tank like him, in the yaya toure mould. I would be gutted if he left tbh, as would most West Ham fans.

On the West Ham &#8211; QPR match, I can see it being a nervy start with neither side wanting to concede early as both sides have proven they can keep clean sheets. I can see the main battle being in midfield and both are evenly matched on paper. In the other fixture at Loftus road, we weren&#8217;t great in the first half yet found ourselves 2-0 up, showing how **** you were under Mark Hughes, it took a Taarabt wonder strike, a Carroll sitter and a lot of timewasting to make it a nervy end. As for a Prediction (biased of course) I can see us scoring early to make it 1-0 then 2-0 around halftime, with QPR scoring with 20 mins to go and then bombing forward to get a second goal only for West Ham to kill the game off with a counter attack to make it 3-1 Final Score. As if we&#8217;d make it that easy for ourselves, depends on the West Ham team that turns up really, the one that beat Chelsea 3-1 or the one that didn&#8217;t turn up to Sunderland. The Atmosphere should be good though.

I&#8217;m afraid we can&#8217;t do a Chelsea/Spurs and try and keep a London club in the league due to less travel and more London derbys we will have to be fair on the other relegation battlers and give you the Southampton treatment. :laugh:

Is that enough or do you want me to write a f*cking bible?

13. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Nah mate its here, however if you're still struggling to read the board names, I'm happy to guide you back home to the QPR one.

14. Swords Hoopster.

Those two things cannot happen. If we lose tomorrow we're gone.

Quality response Bzzz. Always knew you had it in ye. :wink:

One more thing for you to straighten out: Is your Stadium called Upton Park or The Boleyn Ground?

15. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

The Boleyn Ground, Upton Park is the area.

16. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Lucky f*ckers :emoticon-0116-evilg

17. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

was a good game, but we've needed a good striker for ages, Cole just doesn't cut the mustard, and we've not looked particularly threatening up front since Carroll got injured, really looking forward to J Cole and Carroll linking up. If QPR can defend as well as they did today for the rest of the season I think they'll stay up. Unsurprised to see Remy on the score-sheet, we were interested in him a few years ago as I recall, typical.

18. Swords Hoopster.

Well lads, a share of the spoils in the end. We had to dig right in to withstand that awful aerial bombardment style that you play over there. Awful to watch but effective.

As for our midfield, we couldn't string 2 or 3 passes together and surrendered possession far too easily. We played very poorly today and when you do that against Big Sam's route one Hammers, you're going to be put under pressure.

Sh*te performance, sh*te result. We move on to the next game.

19. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I actually thought Chamakh looked allright, do I need to get my head checked?

20. Busy Being Headhunted

yep <cheers>