1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wes Morgan signs new deal

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Well deserved too. With other large personalities (Vardy, Schmeichel) its still Wes who is in charge. Don't think he gets the credit he deserves for fronting the team from the Championship and beyond. Another Pearson masterstroke. Great man, great player.

Foxy in Foyle and stevefox like this.
  3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’ve come round to this now as long as he isn’t automatically picked ahead of Soyuncu and Benkovic (pick on merit so by all means if he deserves to be in).
    The main thing is that the squad stays harmonious. If Rodgers can achieve this then fair play for doing what 3 have failed to do since the title win. That has been my concern about the remaining winners but Wes seems a good character to have around.

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

A now ex player even congratulated him, surely this shows that hes a good guy to have around.

I think it would be concerning if Soyuncu or Benkovic can't displace him as the "bench option" at the very least, would hope that they should be pushing Evans for a starting place.

I understand that Morgans currently getting in over Soyuncu for his experience and captaincy to try and keep the ship steady during the current transition, but would be surprised if Morgans still preferred next season with no sign of the other 2.

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Been an extremely difficult season on and especially off the pitch. We need as many leaders as possible

Makes me laugh how clubs like Arsenal have been destroyed in the press for having a weak dressing room and no leaders

We get got hammered for having a strong dressing room with leaders in it.