1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wembley 2000

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by itfcptc, Oct 30, 2020.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Great video put together here, what a couple of seasons that was. I'm not old enough to remember the glory days of Ramsey or Robson but this was such a special time in my life and the whole of the Town was buzzing from it. Makes you realise what a great club we were and what a great team full of really good characters.... Marcus Stewart at the end :cry:

If i had only experienced the Evans era I probably wouldn't be a fan today.

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think we were spoilt ! Even in the late 80s and late 90s wilderness years in the second flight there was still plenty to get excited about.

Even the 2000s teams and the beginning of the Evans era- Gio destroying Norwich, Roy Keane's League Cup semi-final was alright.

The last ten years have been completely dire and compounded by injuries, third-tier football and empty stadiums it's only getting worse.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Just finished watching and have to say congratulations and thank you to everyone involved in its making.

What would we give today for a team with even half that passion and talent!?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Half way thru, thanks for sharing ITFC. Several stand out phrases which characterise the Club and players in those days.

Exciting, attacking football, passionate, everyone at Ipswich was in it, family club, if you supported Ipswich why would you support anyone else! 6 years on the trot in the Champions League, who would have believed that!

God we had some players then, makes you weep what we have come to accept now.......bring on Crewe!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Watched it yesterday morning and set me up perfectly for the day.....yep I got pist and put it down to celebrating our promotion

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Any excuse Spanish

Spanish likes this.
  7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Agree, even years in wilderness were good until Evans came.

I used to go/watch ipswich and know that 9 times out of 10 I would be entertained. Since ME came to town I can probably count the number of times on one hand. I enjoyed Magiltons time as manager but his teams who played great football slowly lost the ability to inspire and entertain. The only successful manager we've had since Jim was Mick and the football was awful.

Literally we've missed at least 1 generation of youngsters who'd become fans because they'd rather do something else with their afternoons and who could blame them. In some ways I'm jealous to have know the better times because it means I live in hope that they will return

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.