1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well no holding back on this article.what do you think?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Oct 28, 2017.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Not sure how Rad/Orta/Tc are avoiding the grief their collective ineptitude is causing.
    At least two of the trio need to get out if our club, and if Rad cant see the issue he needs to **** off too.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Lasogga, but I have to say that Wood would also have been crucified if given similar service - and he has been!

Lasogga is looking for crosses, or through balls he can run on to in the box.

How many crosses did he get last night? I can't think of one.

How many through balls into the box did he get? Again, I can't think of one.

So what service did he get last night? Only the keeper humping the ball up the park, and the occasional pass to feet. Exactly what he doesn't need.

So how is it his fault? It's like criticising him for not scoring penalties when we're not awarded any.

Having defended him, I'll now repeat my position on him again - he shouldn't get in the team until we've run a stone off him on the training field. He's just not fit or fast enough, and continually playing him in the hope he'll get fit is harming the team. Not sure what the adequate alternative is, right enough - unless we change formation and don't rely on 1 up top.

Infidel and Farsleyexile like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

he has never owned a football club so recruited like a job interview.best to impress gets the job,but as you and i know some don't last long.he needs to learn football and how to recruit.look at boro they bought ****e and went down.we need quality.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In regards to Rad...

Cellino has run football teams as has Bates, would we have either back? GFH had never run a club, we welcomed their money finally getting shot of Bates and then they nearly ruined us.

Granted Cellino meant well but he destroyed everything in the back room and turned us into a circus, law suits left right and centre, false promises and more chat about off the field antics.

I think we've forgot what it's like to have a genuine owner. Rads has been a breathe of fresh air, buying back the ground, investing in the squad and employing qualified staff.

I'm not saying the staff appointments are right but at least he has been putting a structure in place. I'm confident Rads will learn an awful lot this season, we can't expect him to come in and get everything right the first time of asking.

For all we know he could be in deep discussions with advisers or other football brains asking for their opinions at this very moment in time. Now isn't the time for a snap decision, first Rads needs to work out if it is Orta, TC or both and then look at how to fix it come January

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Alioski & Saiz attempted 3 crosses all night, Lassoga got zero service. His first game for us he ran onto a ball and scored, he runs for a ball he can get onto but not one ball played for him which gave him a chance last night. No not the greatest header of a ball but used it to score last week, think thats his 2nd with his head? Alioski & Saiz are trying for a worldy and screwing up attacking play.

Team was shyte last night, Lonegran was good, Saiz was awesome but no end product, may as well as had Aidy White playing. He needs to use his skill for the team not for himself.

O’Kane where was he? Viera was a shadow of last week but no Klich on the bench is bad judgement. Sacko where was he because Pablo puts in a performance every month but we need more

Defence wtf

Farsleyexile likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

O'Kane was everywhere yesterday, just like Phillips he went looking for the ball and found his pass???

I think Phillips and O'Kane break up play well, they cover an awful amount of ground, I just don't get what game I am watching compared to others...

** Edit
    Did a quick search for player ratings to see if I'd been watching a different Phillips and O'Kane, glad I wasn't https://www.leedsallover.com/leeds-collapse-player-ratings-v-sheffield-united/ Vieira 4 now he was a player who did go missing...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Whitejock likes this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

A lot if not all of you seem to forget these players are on very long term contracts awarded for what reason ? because i dont think a single one of them has shown enough to warrant getting one.
    and i find it very difficult to see that one or two good additions (if you were to get them) in January is gonna make an ounce of difference <yikes>
    youre stuck in a time warp for at least the next 4 or 5 years <laugh>

and cant see Rad sacking anybody so TC should get to see his time out continuity may be the key <ok>

9. Chippy / Glory

Stop ****ing depressing me. Just watched the u17s win the world cup..
    Now chelsea, citeh and liverpool will set about ruining these kids.
    Awesome today.

wakeybreakyheart and MIGHTY like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Here is how I see it but I'm no coach or club owner so I accept not as black and white...

I believe TC is still hurting from the sale of Wood, he was building a team or having one built around Wood being here and now he is struggling to make 4-2-3-1 work. We need to ditch that formation because it isn't working and there are too many problems, for example Phillips switching to the left for defensive cover?? WTF we have 2 defensive midfield players and a back four but an attacking left sided player needs to defend?

Your defence doesn't become bad overnight, Berardi back fit and stop instructing Ayling to venture so far forward in January I would go all out to sign Bartley and a better Keeper. Lonergen would be my reserve, Cooper would be back up along with Anita and my back four would be virtually the same as last season (2 signings)

Saiz would be my attacking midfield player but he needs to pass the ball more, when playing one in attack he would be my number 10. I believe O'Kane and Phillips have a big part to play but not always on the same team sheet, I would ditch the two defensive midfielders and occassionaly I'd play Phillips at 10 and play Saiz in the middle.

Alioski, I am unsure about him and Sacko but we do need a couple of players who can run with the ball, I'd like to see a new top class midfielder signed up. Tom Cairney of Fulham (and captain) had 92.6% pass accuracy last season, Mile Jedinak another player who was stand out for Villa last season, I'm not saying we could get these players (although Tom was Leeds youth) but we are lacking someone to compliment Saiz and O'Kane and what they have to offer (1 signing).

Striker is where we are really in trouble, I don't know if we should be playing a loan striker or two, if Two then Ekuban when fit or Roofe should provide one position but we badly need to replace Lasogga. He offers no ariel threat, he cant run as he has no pace so as long as you stop him getting ball to feet in the 6 yard area you are safe. It's no use us having fast wingers, they would be crossing the ball in and Lasogga would be making his way over the half way line.

Sheffiled yesterday were comfortable in defence, they knew Lasogga was making a token effort to distract them and he had zero chance of putting a defender under pressure. He isn't a Wood in the height so set pieces and long balls from the keeper were never going to be of any harm. Saiz and Alioski wanted to play keep ball so plonk one defender next to Lasogga and he wasn't going to run into spaces.

I think tactically we need a major change, I accept we are probably 4 players short but considering we lost Taylor, Wood and Green that isn't bad.

Whitejock and southernwhite like this.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

So you lost 3 brought in 15 and youre still 4 short <yikes>
    yep not bad <laugh>

12. Chippy / Glory

And Taylor was hardly part of last year.

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We also released a lot that many were glad to see the back of, Silvestre, Doukara, Bridcutt, Diagouraga, Bellusci, Botaka, Sloth, Murphy, Erwin and probably a few others

14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

So you lost your dead wood
    lost 3 quality players
    brought in 15 new players
    and youre still 4 short

by my reckoning you are 12 up <ok>
    unless of course your new buys are no better than the dead wood but cant be so cos they have 4 year contracts you wouldnt do that other wise would you <whistle>

15. Chippy / Glory

We robbed some poor feckers of a million quid for smudger.

ristac likes this.
  16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

then spent it on a German sausage you call a goalkeeper <ok>

17. Chippy / Glory

Whats german for trades descriptions.
    Even sweattiebetty must starting to see how poor this squad is.... Or perhaps not... As that would mean agreeing with me.

18. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

19. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

The squads not poor, we saw that at beginning of season, but I think TC's lost his way
    and doesn't know how to turn it around.

You have to question why TC doesn't talk to players after a loss, very unusual for any coach to do that.

I'm beginning to suspect everythings not right behind scenes.

When you listen to TC during an after match interview after a loss, he continually says we're not doing this, we're not doing that etc,
    but it's his job to make sure the players do this and that.

We're back to losing it in midfield, and have been doing for quite a few games. Beginning of season we were getting it right,
    then we started to wobble and eventually lost the momentum, the confidence and aspiration. The defence splitting passes disappeared, the accurate passing and link up play disappeared, the shots slowly dwindled, the enthusiasm seemed to disappear and why?...that's when TC started tinkering.

Why are some saying players looking tired during Sheff U game, are they being trained too hard? resting virtually every first team player during Leicester game didn't pay off, completely backfired on TC. We should've kept the momentum going after the Bristol win to continually build up the players confidence and enthusiasm.

At this moment in time TC has lost it, and if he doesn't get this team back on track, the fans will be baying for his blood.

Looks like Millwall and QPR did us a favour.

Derby, Brentford and Middlesbrough to come.......tough games.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apart from Wiedwald the new buys are all better in my opinion (apart from the 3 mentioned; Wood, Green. Taylor), I wouldn't want any of those on the "dead wood list" back. Alioski has certainly not progressed into what we hoped, it doesn't mean he won't and I'd still pick him ahead of Botaka. We have a better squad this season over last, although granted it doesn't mean they are good enough to go up.

This is their first season in the Championship and English football, I wouldn't give up on them yet <ok>