1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well is that it?till January ....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Aug 31, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

if it hasn't happened ( irrespective of what has been reported) then a lot of players will be sitting on their bums or hoping for cancelled contracts ..... a raft of loan deals yet to be published no doubt and looks like Aiden can relax ..hopefully not FLW.....

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

junior now has no excuses he has had his 3 windows to get the team he wants ! so anything less a finish between 10th and 16th will be a big disappointment.
    He has depth in numbers in all departments, although I consider our strike force at the moment is rather bottom tier ......... we need Matty Taylor and Famara to step up to the plate and at least give Bobby a supporting role if he has converted successfully to a goal scoring centre forward?
    with Aden now with us for the next 4 months he will need to decide wholeheartedly he wants to be Bristol City, although there didn't seem to as much " s***e" floating around as has been the case with NM kodger and Freeman etc in the past and he did get a little game time
    Defense well we do have a quandary, which is nice but I note that an awful lot of wingers have been flavour of the month with probably at least 10 clubs joining City.
    in having at least 1 for each wing or 1 proven out and out candidate a robust defence will be required. to combat this angle.. maybe us always playing 4 at the back, our midfield and attack formation will be interesting.
    Midfield well we have serious surplus here! 8 contenders? should we play 2 up front... no point in investing in wingers if we are not going to play them so 2 central midfield? 2 wingers and up front perm 2 from 5?
    Cotts had a happy regular team and it worked, it was a smaller squad and almost picked itself we now have a squad of players that if rated between 1 and 10 10 being best they would all fall between 7 and 9 ..........
    JUNIOR... I think your job has just got harder, hopefully the fans will stay positive until game 24 and we are in a position between 9th and 16th.
    Analysis of the window for Championship clubs is there is a lot of new faces in many teams and it will be like a new seasons start! I can see a divide bigger than last season .... both Bolton and Brentford in my book have come off worse in this window and still checking others.............. Burton seem to have picked up some little jewels, but will they be enough?