1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well is it ?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

2. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I don't know, all I get is...
    Sorry...
    We can't find the page you requested

Edit: found it :)

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Potter seems to be developing his style but it's far too early to say what that really is as he hasn't got (all) the players he wants or needs to implement it fully. It's better than it has been for a few years anyway, that's obvious.

I can't see the ****s ever giving Potter the support he needs and deserves and he'll be off before too long. So I think "the Swansea way" will not be returning anytime soon.

trundles left foot likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Only the club and Potts had the confidence that we will improve and credit when credit is due they have been right so far and the pre-season meeting involving the total re-shape of the club is pretty much going to plan.....As to the style we play then it is a bit of a mixture really of potts own style and elements of the Swansea way that we know Potts is a great fan of.......It is still early days yet but i'm confident we won't go down this season and have a better chance reaching the playoffs if anything.....I would prefer another season in the championship as we are not a full squad capable of holding our own in the premiership even though we would be much better than Cardiff are doing.....We cant be disappointed so far but there is a long way to go yet.....

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

IMO I think the Club has unearthed a gem in manager but whether little ole Swansea is big enough for his ambitions remains to be seen, so I'm going to enjoy what he's trying to do with the limited resources he's been given until as certain as night follows day he won't be here for ever

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

We are doing well and I am very pleased.
    Having said that the Championship is very weak.
    IMO.

7. swanseaandproud

I think Potts will honour his contract as he will want to complete the job he was recruited to do and if he succeeds then his popularity will go through the roof....He will need 2 or 3 seasons yet before he will be regarded as a top boss and that is assuming he makes it, He may not who knows at this very early stage. But if i was a betting man i think he may achieve his goal, I hope so anyway...

8. swanseaandproud

I would not say that 552. There are some massive clubs in the championship who would give the bottom half of the premiership a run for their money...

9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Yes ok.But up to now that is my honest opinion.
    If,and I say If,our owners had invested and bought wisely with our manager we could pi** this league.

10. swanseaandproud

We were in a financial mess 552 and we could not carry on the way we were, You keep blaming the owners when in fact it is the owners who are saving the club from getting into a right mess.....The club is in better shape now than it has for a number of seasons and it is much more enjoyable to watch and support. We are a club in transition for the next few seasons and so far it is going reasonably well. We will have our ups and downs like all clubs but as sure as eggs are eggs many other clubs will be forced to follow our example....

11. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

It will be when we can turn these draws into wins

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

So you're saying we're in a financial mess, who caused that mess in the first place ,yes we're doing reasonably well off the field but unless you know the finite details how can you say it's been run well off the pitch ., that information would be privy to those who have the authority ,are you one of them ?

13. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

So are the good times back, well compared to what we have had to put up with the last couple of years, anything would have been an improvement and make the fans feel batter. But, winning a couple of games and playing some nice football is a long long way off bringing the good times back. Am I enjoying this season of course I am as last season and the one before was horrendous. there is a long way to go, we have the manager to take us there, we have the makings of a team to take us there, do we have the desire from the board to take us there, I fear not. I will enjoy the football we play under Potter while it lasts, because he will move on when he gets the offer from a club where the board will back his ambition.

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Stripped of assets,
    No investment into club
    No transfer budget
    not signing players
    paper thin squad,
    no strikers,
    constant fear of injury
    constantly waiting for the inevitable crash
    manager not being supported

Positives
    kids playing out of their skin
    Manager showing what he can do with nothing

Good times my arse, we're just making the best of a bad situation.