1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well i never

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by white horse, Sep 8, 2013.

1. white horse

white horse Member

thought by speaking my mind about a club that i have supported for over 50 years could i upset a few harden town fans ,its just how i see things the way they are .IDO NOT, look at the club throughrose coloured glasses if the cap fits wear it ,how come speaking the facts be negetive?? like it or lump it its where the club is at at this moment in time and for this season its another case of as you are ,oh by the way how is it i have lost all my user points for straight talking, ?? IWILL ALWAYS be a town supporter but an honest one C>O>U>B>.

2. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

That is the 1st time ever I have seen a Town fan spell; COYB - COUB..!

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Fair play to you White Horse <ok>

You should be allowed to express your opinions on this forum be they negative or otherwise! I find it pretty disgraceful that some one has docked your points for speaking your mind! I am as frustrated and disenchanted with whats going on as you are and it is time that we started to question Marcus Evans and his bungling mismangement of our football club. Nearly 7 years in charge and we have gone backwards at an alarming rate and we now owe him close to £70M into the bargain. It is all very well discussing tactics and formations but without the quality players to execute these plans it is a complete waste of time!

A bit of money should have been spent in the Summer to support Mick and all we have done is sign freebies and kids.

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

If you really want to find out where your points have gone, if it bothers you that is, then check your control panel. It will list there the last 5 people to have repped you. Obviously in your case, they have given you neg rep.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

That's me fecked as well then! <laugh>

6. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be like spelling FOYB, as FOUB, no Town supporter would get it wrong...<ok>

7. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Nobody minds other peoples opinions, whether they be positive or negative is immaterial because it stimulates debate, but when a self proclaiming died in the wool "fan" of many years standing then says they are thinking of changing their allegiance anything they say just cant be taken seriously. You can change your mind about lots of things but not the club you support.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

He didn't say he was considering his allegiance. He said the same thing I've been thinking now and again for a couple of years... **** me I wish I didn't support that pile of poo.

"who realy knows what he wants to do with the club .IS he realy botherd about us fans ,I dont think so ,i for one have now stopped going to matches while this lack of spending and investment in the club continues .WHILE our friends up the road have spent over 20million this season ,its almost makes you want to change sides BUT not to our friends up the road , wot will become of us nothing, while EVANS is in charge ."

There is nothing I don't agree with there, except that I haven't completely stopped going to matches, going to see Town is a much less attractive proposition than at any time from 1960 to 2007.

9. Hoppersblue10

Hampy, your punctuation errors are very similar to White horses, are you related in some way.?

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I've had my nieces and nephew running me ragged all day - the commas are placed wherever they land this evening <laugh>

11. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

As a forum, we have always have varying ideas on where the club should go so differences of opinions are often aired and debated/ argued. Your original post could have been the same but the way it was worded was the issue.
    Starting an article with the views 'Glad to see we are **** so I am right' hardly shows a fan wanting a club to do well. You seemed happier that your negativity was proved to be correct then anything else.
    I also thought that you turning your back on the club due to a lack of investment was
    a) extremely childish
    and b) counter productive.
    Your welcome to stay away but for every person who does stay away then the clubs income goes down. If FFP is adhered to correctly then the difference between a 15k crowd and a 20k crowd for each game could be the difference between being able to afford a siging and not.
    Your welcome to your views and off course, its not a cheap hobby. I totally see the view that it is not value for money and its also not the greatest experience to make people want to take the trip to PR.
    I do however stand by my view that turning your back on club is childish. As I said on the original thread, its the type of remarks that 7 year olds make. (Im now a Man City supporter they have all the great players type of comment) We are where we are. I dont think any fan is extremely happy currently but turning your back on your club when things are not going well is hardly the signs of (IMO) a true supporter.
    Others will disagree and thats only human nature. If you dont want people to argue your points then dont post them in the first place. The responses shown are no worse than any other 'arguments' seen on this forum.

12. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Well said tractor bhoy. we support who support and that should never change whether your winning everything or dropping down the leagues like a lead weight. opinions however are like arseholes,everyone has one,so like it or not they are put on here for us to debate. however how white horse can consider changing alligence is beyond me.. im town thru thick and thin. always have been always will be.

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

What is childish is coming onto a football forum and telling people how they should think and belittling them because they don't agree with you and even worse getting into a 'you're not a true and loyal supporter' bull. That is really Primary School playground stuff.

14. Hoppersblue10

Hmmmm, <plotthickenssmiley>

15. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

As I take it that was aimed in my general direction lancy then I have not once told anybody how they should think, I have given my opinion and no more and no less. I dont expect everyone else to agree with the way I see things and each is welcome to their own views (which is pretty much the point I was making anyway) If you think my POV is childish then your welcome to that view.

16. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

that Alanis Morissette song 'Ironic' suddenly came into my head then!!!

17. johnnywarksmoustache

It's like 10,000 Spoons when all you need is a Knife...

18. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

:laugh:.....Exactamundo...

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

PTC - I think you're thinking of hypocrisy rather than irony, but nevermind <doh>

20. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Don't think i've heard that one can you hum the tune for us???? <whistle>