1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done Ireland/England/Scotland

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

But! Downside for Ireland Trap will be their for a while longer. Good to see Strac getting off to a good start with the Scots and as for England IMO how good was Wilshere with Walcott looking good as well but for me Rooney was shown for what he is, overhyped, as he lost the ball so many times. Also was it just me but how poor were Brazil, they looked as if they didn't give a toss?

2. matth_22

matth_22 New Member

Rooney was good in my opinion.

3. shiney-mackem

shiney-mackem Member

Really enjoyed the England game which is unusual for a friendly, it looks like Brazil has been Europe -ised very little samba magic there. As for Rooney thought he had a very good game , a lot of his link up play and little intricate lay offs where top draw also excellent energy levels chased everything down for 90 mins

4. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

I'll admit I was flicking between games but from what I saw of Rooney was him either losing the ball or his usual mouthing at the linesman or ref. Wilshere really impressed me, the lad has a lot of talent but will Arsenal be able to hold on to him?

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I rate Wilshere - think he's a cracking player BUT there are people comparing him with Xavi and Iniesta - he's not half the footballer they are - he doesn't have the vision or ability they do - as I say - I think he's the best English CM at the moment but certainly not in a league with Xavi or Iniesta. (And from memory they were as good at his age as they are now)