1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome to the championship

Discussion in 'Huddersfield' started by leedsfan0201, Jun 5, 2012.

1. leedsfan0201

leedsfan0201 Member

Leeds fan in peace here. I am actually glad you got promoted instead of SU. Also how do you think you'll compete next season. You have some pretty decent players and a chairman who is ambitious. I see you establishing yourselves as a championship side. I think your first goal though should be to avoid relegation and then build from there, just like it was for Leeds. If you keep rhodes which is looking very likely then i think you have a chance of the play offs. Glad two see to fellow yorkshire rivals back in the championship.

2. Amelia Chaffinch

Amelia Chaffinch New Member

Hi, thanks for the congratulations. I agree with you, I think we should just try to build a strong team and avoid relegation. It's looking good for keeping Rhodes so far. I know I am biased but I think he would be better staying with us in the Championship. He needs to play and he would get the games. I've never understood moving to the Premiership, being 3rd or 4th choice, and not even getting on the bench most of the time. He'd probably sent straight out on loan to a Championship club, anyway. Yes, better off with us. ;) So it looks like you might be getting rid of Bates... happy about that? <whistle>

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

OH

MY

GOD

A Terrier turns up at last.

Come say hello to us on West Yorkshire's biggest not606 forum. <ok>

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Or to us if you want to talk to Yorkshire's biggest not606 forum. <ok>

5. Amelia Chaffinch

Yes, I'm here, feeling a bit lonely but I will try to persuade some to join me from the other forums I go on. ;)

6. Jerel Ifil

Good to have you. We had a Bradford fan to play with for a while, but I think he must have dived off a bridge or something.

How you feeling about the one and only Simon Grayson and his signing of Scannell?

7. Amelia Chaffinch

I don't know how Bradford keep surviving. They've toyed with going out of the League for that long!
    Simon Grayson hasn't been terribly popular with the fans as you can imagine but I'd say all decided to give him a fair go. Yeah, he's been in charge whilst we got promoted but how do we know we wouldn't have done that anyway. It was still Lee Clark's team, even if he couldn't quite settle for one line up. <whistle> That said, we have got promoted with him in charge so credit where credit's due. I suppose we will have to see how he does with adding in the new signings. Tbh I don't know anything about Scannell apart from he's a winger who can also play upfront. Grayson says he's adaptable anyway. What say you?

8. Jerel Ifil

Can see where a lot of your fans are coming from writing Grayson off - I've said multiple times I'd refuse to applaud anyone idolized by Man U fans like Steve Bruce and Paul Ince when they were linked with us after Grayson went. And Alan Smith of course, although your fans seem to think he's still Leeds to the core, which I can assure you isn't the feeling many of us have!

SG's done well both times he's had a crack at Championship level. First time was obviously with Blackpool, and even though Oyston only gave him 8m, he still built the foundations for the team Holloway's stolen all the glory for and got promoted once he got a 5m advance on the money Grayson had... the second attempt was with us, and to get us three points off the playoffs both seasons was an incredible achievement when you consider the pitiful 12m Bates had given him - the sort of money you'd normally see Barnsley and Coventry spending.

So I have a very good feeling about you next season, definitely a playoff challenger I'd say. As for Scannell, I really know nothing about him, although it's the sort of signing we'd have died for in the last two transfer windows, which just goes to show how much better a chairman Hoyle is than Bates.

Looking forward to the games against you just a bit less than Wednesday, hopefully we'll get a nearly-full Elland Road again, and maybe even a 15:00 kickoff!

9. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you re Grayson Jerel but I don,t know where you got he was given £8m by Oyston or the £12m that the parasite gave him .I wrote to SG on his appointment saying it must feel like he has gone to fairyland to work with Santa AFTER WORKING WITH STALIN AT ER. iI think they will do well this season. They have one of the best right backs in Hunt I think he will play for his countryso why would you need Peltier.
    I don,t like Ward I think he is useless so sell him if you can and get another strikerto replace Lee who is to old and
    get Andrews for your midfield will be coming to see the new Town soon

10. Amelia Chaffinch

I'm still hoping that we can get Sean Morrison from Reading. We had him all season on loan ... great job he did for us.
    I agree about Jack Hunt. I think he's great. I do agree with a lot of the dissenters, though, that he's not great in defence. He should move from right back to midfield. Ward was great when he first came to us. What is it about players ... they can be great on loan but, as soon as you give 'em a contract .... <whistle>
    Alan Lee is popular. He seems to change the momentum of a match. Just wish he'd stay on his feet more. :emoticon-0116-evilg

11. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

After watching the match vs Wigan Athletic, i'm a little worried about the strength of your squad.

Do any of you have concerns about the squad?

Simply changing Manager isn't always productive as it's sometimes revealed that the previous manager was getting the max out of an average team.

I don't wish to offend, simply pointing out my view.

<ok>