1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome Cameron Carter-Vickers!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

First reaction - never heard of him. Lets research.........

So I did - and he was part of Sheff Utd's very successful first half of the season. Clearly come to go straight in you'd imagine - and this probably signals the end of a Mr Smith ( goodluck )

Only 20 - read several good things about this man on forums. Supposedly has a bit of pace......

Knudsen / Camerton Carter-Vickers / Chambers / Spence

Looks somewhat better to me.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Any idea why he returned to his host Club Spurs(hope we haven't acquired another crock!)?

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I think this looks like a brilliant loan signing and he is a product of the acclaimed Tottenham academy. He had an impressive first half of the season at Sheffield United, so he can certainly play at a Championship level. I'm unsure how realistically we can make this a permanent transfer in the summer, if he impresses, but could easily be considered for a role in the 'new look' Ipswich Town side we all want to see next season playing more attractive football. Should go straight into the side, and will probably result in Smith getting his awaited move to the States, but I'm impressed we managed to sign him up.

I'm guessing Spurs noticed what we have done and how we have developed players like Fraser, Lawrerence, and Celina, not to mention giving Iorfa game time, so they felt more comfortable loaning him to us.

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Had a little bit of digging - and while a good signing on the surface - young Spurs talent rated highly rar rar, apparently of late he wasn't in the Sheff Utd 18 ( despite making 18 starts I think ) with many a Blade ( on social media at least ) claiming they were delighted to see the back of him, has errors in him. Mind you, you more often than not read the negative online these days - people seem a lot quicker to write nasty stuff than praise anyone.

Hope he's not Lorfa Mk 2. Young, will have a few mistakes in him but at least battled hardened after his spell at Sheff Utd. Hoping not another Fryers.......

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I see his departure from Sheffield United had received some mixed feedback, but as you correctly state, fans are more inclined to focus on the negatives, particularly on Twitter. I still view this as a good, positive signing and should provide some much-needed competition to the central defensive positions. Of course there is a risk that he may turn out to be a disappointment, and he is still a young, learning player, but I think he'll benefit from the squad morale here and regular first team football.

Unsure if I would have preferred Goldson, who I also rate as a solid defender, but I think Carter-Vickers has experienced a lot of playing time this season.

Westlake33 likes this.
  6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Decent signing.....although irrelevant as we won’t do anything this season and he won’t be here next season.

7. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

A note of caution. I have never seen him play, however, I have friends who are season ticket holders at Spurs who e-mailed me once loan was confirmed and shall we say were less than complimentary about his ability (or lack there of). It is a drop down so hopefully he will be a Clapham/Cundy rather than a Scales.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I though he did ok today for his first game with us.
    Have to wait and see how it works out.