1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Weekender.jpg

This weekend something slightly different as new immigration rules come into play on 1st January. This means EU players will be treated just like all overseas players, which had to have played in at least 30% of their countries full International games. This rule has been changed because the UK will now be using a Points Based Immigration System Which also stops kids under 18 being able to be poached, and that would mean Summerville wouldn’t be able to come to Leeds or indeed Cooper Skerry etc.

As an example I can confirm that a player from Argentina I speculated about in the Summer, is being talked to by Victor Orta and a deal may happen. The player is a wonder kid called Thiago Almada (Check him on youtube its gobsmacking) he’s only young but we can still get him under the new system. Players need to have earned 15 points to qualify for a visa and work permit, and Almada scores 25.

Points are earned by the following criteria:

• Quality of the National league
    • League position
    • Progression in competitions.
    • Qualification for International competitions
    • Players need to be over 18 and playing top flight football and have played in at least 90% of games.
    • For every 10% lost 1 point deducted
    • Continental competitions at 90% with a point deducted for every 10% not played in.
    Thiago Almada played in 89% of his club games for Velez Sarsfield earning him 7 points. He also played 68% in the Copa Libertadores (S American Champions Lg) earning 2 points. Qualification for the competition earned him 3 points. Progression to the quarter finals earned him 5 points. The quality of his league earned him 8 points. So he earned 25 points but only required 15 so easily allows the FA to ask the Home Office for a work permit.

League quality will vary country to country but its accepted that our premier league is the best so is classed as 10 points. Argentine prem classed as 8 points.

If a player plays in 100% of league games he would earn 10 points.

If a player plays in 100% of International competitions he would earn 5 points

So can be complicated but working on the above basic premise points can be racked up. Players from lesser leagues who don’t qualify for an International competition would need to be also playing International football to earn the extra points to get to 15 or above.

The only time a player under 18 can be brought over is if its an ‘Internal Transfer’ which means the club also own a club overseas and are bringing him over to improve him. A feeder club basically and why Radz is talking about buying controlling interests in overseas outfits. Looking into this I found that Leiecester and Brighton have both invested in this. Liverpool are on the verge of doing it and we know Man City have clubs in several countries. Obviously the top 6 clubs like to have an edge and will try and find loopholes and as Man City already play this game you can see why its going to be fun watching how they cheat the system in future. Man Utd have always cheated it by finding work and a home for a parent of a young talented protégé. For example the Brazilian twins Fabio and Raphael Da Silva who played for them. They were brought over at a very young age with the club getting dad a job at Manchester Airport and Mum as a made up job. They were provided with a house and an income…….. Man Utd and Liverpool have done this for years and don’t set me off on Chelsea.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

The club are planning something slightly different this evening for hospitality guests and sponsors.

Following on from the successful weekly pre and post match legends meetings we are now going to be treated to an online tactical master class from former whites legend Andy Hughes. Andy who has recently coached in the PL both at Sheff Utd and Huddersfield will provide detailed analysis of the Chelsea v Leeds match and special guest Eddie Gray will pop in discuss the match as well as talk us through some of the different coaches he's worked with during his long association with Leeds United.

Have always liked Andy Hughes as he talks a lot of sense so will probably listen in for a bit <ok>

Irishshako and Doc like this.
  3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

If you want a laugh
    Go to google and search
    NOW
    That’s what I call a
    Corona Christmas
    I would put it on here but don’t know how
    Enjoy

5. Whitejock

This?

wakeybreakyheart and 2 pennth like this.
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

That’s the one :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the striker that got Wolves promoted from the Championship by smashing way iver 20 goals? They then loaned him out and did the same with Costa. I had for gotten about Bonatini but we all know Wolves owners are a Chinese massive company and the owner is..... just read this

That’s according to Blick, who explain that the Wolves man is costing them 1.1m francs per goal so far, or £918,000.

They report on recent claims that Bonatini is picking up 2.2m francs a year in Switzerland, which is just over £1.8m.

This ‘madness’ makes him the most expensive player in the history of the Swiss second division and means he’s currently costing 1.1m francs per goal thus far.

Fortunately, though, it seems this is not all being paid by Grasshoppers.

You see, they only signed Bonatini because they have a special relationship with Wolves, whose owner Guo Guanchang is the spouse of Grasshoppers owner Jenny Wang.

It was this relationship which allowed the move to happen in the first place, and it also means they are paying ‘nothing’ towards the big fee.

Instead, they’ve told Blick that Bonatini receives ‘expenses such as a car and housing costs’ from the club and the ‘collectively agreed bonuses’ the team agreed upon with the club.

Everything else is being paid by Wolves, which is pretty fortunate given collectively the entire 10 Super League clubs, that’s all the teams in Switzerland’s top division, only make 24m francs, around £20m a year.

Thus, Grasshoppers are ‘blessed’ to have ‘such a solvent godfather’ in the Premier League who can give them a player and cover his wages without a second thought, despite the fact his wages are pretty astronomical for the league he’s playing in.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just love Victimpool this is a great story love it

9. Whitejock

Doc likes this.
  10. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Just diversifying a little bit, but poor Lewis Hamilton has got the virus so he has put a test driver in his car!!! In practice he is the quickest, does that mean if anyone with some clout about them could jump in that car and win, I think if I was you Hamilton I’d get up off your knee and keep your racist gob shut.

Irishshako, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Even WJ could drive that car faster than team mate Bottas and WJ doesnt have a weight problem obviously <laugh>

Infidel and Whitejock like this.
  12. Whitejock

With my arse, I'd need to sit on top of the cockpit, rather than in it! Sadly true.

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Stories coming back about us going after Nahitan Nandez again the brilliant 24yo Uraguyan midfielder. The man who runs Caligari midfield and supplies the ammo for Cavani and Vidal by already playing for his country 35 times. Apparently we made an offer which was refused in the Summer?

So thats Almada and now Nandez stories coming back and the best one was about us telling Norwich that Buendia wasnt good enough for Leeds?

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We would be playing our 16th game today if we were still in the Championship. I believe we are finding it much easier in this league because we get longer to work on things between weekly games. No more training fora match on Tuesday night and then training for another team for the Saturday game. We spend all week honing for one opponent

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I initially thought this but then that doesn’t explain why Bottas can’t do it. No doubt you need the car but I think Russell is a great talent

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Whitejock likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If you look at body shape Bottas has a large bottom, or to use the WJ formula <laugh><laugh> Bottas weighs more

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Phil Hay reporting that Klich was being shown the door by Bielsa when he first arrived but the injury to Forshaw meant he had to take a look at him.

18. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I am a bit sceptical about anything Phil Hay writes or quotes.

ristac, Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Robbie Gotts and Ryan Edmondson on the bench today, Jordan Stevens out injured, Barry Douglas and Bryce Hosannah starting for their respective teams and good to see young Liam Kitching who we sent on loan for 2 seasons to Harrogate Town and then allowed him to sign for Forrest Green Rovers and today both teams play each other.

So about Fulham, so so sad

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  20. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member