1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Break

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not that much new news really but for me a couple of things strike me as needing an explanation. Firstly going under the radar seems to be left back as we are continually getting linked to them. Lukaku, Danny Rose, Chambers, Holding, even the Fulham guy who got them promoted. This morning its the Brentford lad and missing through all this is Douglas. Douglas in fairness has mainly been a failure due to his injury record. I have seen him turn in a couple of MoM performances but Bielsa then reverts to a wing back. Anyone else think Douglas will be sold? i also think we will see someone else sold too as well as some U23s loaned out
    The other issue hanging around is the U23 coach which needs filling due to Carlos Corberan taking the doggies job. Internal promotion or will Flores take it on, but remember Flores is seen as Bielsa right hand man and also Corberan was another set of eyes on the touchline for the first team so Bielsa, Corberan and Flores were all together. Should Bielsa bring someone in to be assistant manager and U23 coach?

Would love to see Eddie Howe brought in especially if he was on the list of Bielsa replacements, drawn up by Bielsa. Eddie says he wants to take a break so sounds like it would work for him too. Out of the limelight learning under Bielsa topping up his own experience and being on the touchline for first team games. By the time he takes over he knows the players, the club, the ethos....

wakeybreakyheart and Gessa like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Yes I know the 2 Arsenal players are mainly CBs but Chambers plays anywhere on the back line and is even a left sided defender, so ideal for standing in for Cooper. holding has also done LB

Gessa likes this.
  3. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Finally rodrigo announced as signed on BBC.

Irishshako, Gessa and Doc like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Happy Days

Robin Koch posted a photo of himself on a private jet earlier this morning. He posted it on Instagram saying lets go. So last weekend the debate was about us being worse than when we ended the season. This weekend we can safely say we are a lot better than when we ended the season and Koch is a better version of Ben White

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Glad Rodrigo has been officially announced, I’d like us to get a good quality LB I’m not comfortable with Dallas in that position.

It depends on how much squad depth Bielsa is going to allow. We have some decent U23s who I’d hope would be ahead of Forshaw, looking at the squad it is alarmingly small...

https://www.leedsunited.com/teams/first-team

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Anyone else crapping themselves that Rodrigo and Koch dont pick up injuries whilst on International duty. Radz must be bricking it

9. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Great news about Rodrigo and Koch, but is anyone still wanting to see Bielsa sign his new contract? I realise its not up high on his list as he is continuing working essentially for free at the moment, but that would be the nice icing on the cake to complete a good weekend of LUFC News!

10. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Why are they even playing when players should be resting and then getting ready for the new season.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Can't see Fulham selling Joe Bryan but he'd be my choice for LB.

Quality player.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So if its true we are looking for a LB we are still 2 players light and still need the LB and a No10:emoticon-0148-yes:

Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  13. FORZA LEEDS

Maybe Rodrigo will be No10 and we'll bring Gonzalez in.

Irishshako, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Yes actually this thought went through my head

Irishshako likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Victor Orta

"We have a combination play that we need a striker with a lot of mobility," Orta told LUTV. "For me he can play forward, he can play secondary striker, he can play number ten. He can make a lot of movement, attacking the space. He is aware of our style of football. He can make damage on the wing.
    "He has goals and again I think when we analyse the player and the style for our coach, for me he fits perfectly because he has all of the attributes to be a successful player with us."
    Orta on Bielsa
    "When we discussed about names and we put the name on the table he was really clear," Orta continued. "If we had the chance, we needed to take him because he understood too that it's not easy in this market with a lot of situations about the difficult market, bringing quality players in the club and we have a definitive style that is really clear and worked really quick.

"After this meeting we started and now we are here and it was a really, really good process with all the people involved really clear and really quick for us. It's important because still the market is long and now one of our main priorities is with us."

Rodrigo is currently on international duty with Spain, who face Germany and Ukraine in the Nations League over the next week.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Wolves away shirt anyone feel sick?
    upload_2020-8-29_11-42-22.png upload_2020-8-29_11-42-22.png

18. FORZA LEEDS

wakeybreakyheart, Irishshako and Aski like this.
  19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Irishshako and Aski like this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Best tweet from a Leeds fan today

Big koch at the back and Rodrigo in attack - we’re gonna win the league <laugh>