1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Again

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The main talking points in recent days around our club revolve around things like:
    • Berardi been given a new contract. On paper a crazy business decision but as the club doesn't play on paper it was I think morally the right thing to do. 7 years of loyalty, bleeds Leeds and a top member of the dressing room. Will probably get a 10 minute last hurrah next year.
    • Radz admitting he is in talks with the 49ers, but adding we always talk to good friends. I suspect he will sell a chunk of shares when the time suits him and the clubs development. He has only spent £30m of the £100m officially spent on new signings, due to the way each deal is structured, so he is under no pressure yet.
    • Cuisance still has no idea why the deal collapsed and I believe the club have played this the right way they say Rob Price found something in one foot........ they have not mentioned the problem since the initial collapse and thats because it could effect the lads future career. Its also a medical document and patient confidentiality?
    • Club versus country and I have to say club everytime. Especially under Southgate

2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Not sure on cuisance... guess none of us know the real reason/driver or how great the risk was, how fit he was, what his attitude was like etc. We have to trust that the club risk mitigated and acted in the right manner. Presumably the delay in the process was in part due to seeking expert opinion.

But in terms of patient confidentiality ...the one person you do tell us the patient.

Doc likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the confidentiality front I believe it was Rob Price who was sent back to inform the player the reasons why. The medical happened on day 1 but the decision was taken the following day. Bielsa refused to comment in the presser but he knew what was happening in the background and according to Phil Hay he club asked Rob Price to say yes or no to the deal he said no as too much of a risk, so they asked Rob to tell the player. Nobody knows what Cuisance was told but the club wont get into a debate about it?

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

One thing that sticks in my mind about Project Big Sky is something that came out in an interview about the mentality of Liverpools owner Fenway Sports Group and the Glazers. They actually hold the belief that the big 6 and Another 4 other clubs are the real leaders of the Premier League. The other 10 are either newly promoted or fighting to stay up, so not real members so Shouldn't have the same voting power.

The arrogance of these yanks so hopefully the 49ers have been educated by Radz

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Berardi news is not just about loyalty to the player.

Imagine the feeling in the dressing room if they just released him after the injury. They'd be pissed off at the club and naturally wondering how the club would stand by other players if it happened to them. Seeing that player welfare is important and loyalty is rewarded by the club will boost the morale of the squad. It's good to work for an employer you trust.

This will also get around the football world through agents and the clubs stock in the market will have improved due to this decision. It could potentially help us to impress future signings.

It was a good decision all round. The club is run properly at the moment. Happy days after 20 years plus of **** management.

Oh and Leeds Rhinos are playing the Challenge Cup final today! Hopefully a trophy coming back to Leeds.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good shout Emu and I remember only last season when Derby players went on the ale and crashed cars. Keogh the club captain who wasnt driving but badly injured and in his last year of his contract. He was sacked the other players who had long contracts stayed as it would cost the club big money to sack them. Club captain though sacked and career ended and now struggling in lower league. Hated Keogh as a player but...

After that the wheels fell off Derby’s season and bet it was down to an upset dressing room

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The reason we didnt go for Cantwell was because he was a long way down the list of targets. It transpires that as soon as the Cuisance deal collapsed Orta was talking to Atalanta about Ruslan Malinovskyi, but his agent said it was the wrong time for him. So makes sense as you can get a worldy and full International for around £20m but be quoted £25-30m for Championship players who failed in the Prem or for no experience of the prem or International football.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

The poor lambs

9. wakeybreakyheart

Released him? You can't do that if his contract has run out. Thing is what sort of deal has he got? no one on here knows.

10. lifecheshirewhite

I know, he's got one that pays more than we get.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Is anyone watching Everton v Liverpool? Ridiculous tackle from Pickford to injure Van Dijk that apparently they couldn’t card him for because Van Dijk’s was millimetres offside. It gets worse every week.

Doc likes this.
  12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Leeds Rhinos 17 - 16 Salford mancs

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!

13. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Phew!

Irishshako, OLOF and NostradEmus like this.
  14. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Rhinos made hard work of it.

Great to be back winning silverware again. Gutted I couldn't be there! I usually go to the challenge cup final every year. Fingers crossed I can get back next year.

southernwhite, Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

Only four teams can go above now till monday.

Doc likes this.
  16. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Just watching Barcodes v Manure, OGS must stay at there club, they are disorganised not aware of what each other are doing, back four are all over the place..... and they are on top ffs, so nothing to worry about with either team.
    The PL officials are doing there usual top job, the ref is in black shorts and socks and I am sure Shelvey passed a ball mistakenly to him and he said something to him.

Irishshako and Doc like this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dan James looks better on the left but he should have had a couple by now.Bissaka is Aidy White, Fernandez and Raahford are ok but bet OGS wishes he had our defenders as Koch makes the £80m fat lad look Sunday league

old sea dog likes this.
  18. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

That scoreline flatters them, bit that is good, good in the sense that OGS shall keep his job a little longer and keep them looking mediocre.

esteponawhite, ristac, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Irishshako and ristac like this.