1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 24th. April 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 23, 2019.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Meetings

Fontwell

N/H 7 Races 1:30-4:50p.m.
    Perth
    N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:10p.m.
    Epsom Downs
    Flat 6 Races 2:10-5:00p.m.
    Southwell(E)
    N/H 7 Races 4:45-7:50p.m.
    Taunton(E)
    N/H 6 Races 5:30-8:00p.m.
    Dundalk(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:40-8:40p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Stick, Celtic Tara? Looks obvious one to me tomorrow night at Southwell in a race that’s had some decent winners

3. stick

stick Bumper King

Not keen on backing girls to beat the boys in bumpers mate. If they really liked her she would surely be shorter.

OLD JEROBOAM for me

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    NassauBoard and Ekbalco99 like this.
  4. stick

stick Bumper King

DESERT WIND 17/2 Epsom 3.55 (missed the early 10/1)
    4yos have a great record in this grand old handicap and Ed Vaughan’s charge looks just the sort to enhance the record further.

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  5. NassauBoard

Sod off

6. stick

stick Bumper King

I just saw and commented

7. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

One at Taunton, for me.

Good trainer and jockey combo. Relatively unexposed, right trip and goes well at the course. I think the last trip was a little sharp and this step back up should be ideal.

PRINCESS MIDNIGHT 14/1

8. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Re that Celtic Tara. What a lovely name for a mare by the way. Very international pedigree though with the dam being German bred and the grand-dam Russian bred.

Owned by A P Racing I see. Should the old scout sue?!?

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  9. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

2:25 Perth - Queens Magic 9/1. Cracking price

stick likes this.
  10. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

In the Blue Riband Trial at Epsom I wanted to be against Cape Of Good Hope. I didn't think he was much cop last year and he's fairly exposed. Turgenev was well beaten last time and I did not really take to him last season. He was a lay for me in the Futurity won by Magma Grecia and he wouldn't be the best of the ones Gosden has had success with in this race in the past. Cap Francais is short enough given that his form lies a fair bit back from some of the field.

I took a chance on Arthur Kitt's stamina here. A Royal Ascot winner, he was highly tried after that and ran an OK race in the Breeder's Cup Juvenile. Much as I prefer top prospects to avoid the Breeder's Cup meeting, I don't feel Arthur Kitt is in that echelon and his trainer reported after his Ascot success that 7F was barely far enough for the son of Camelot. A bit surprising that they then took on Too Darn Hot over the same trip before what was for me his poorest race in the Royal Lodge. Behind Cape Of Good Hope that day but I reckon he can turn that around and hopefully he is the one horse in the field who can quicken up and claim his field today.

In the City and Suburban the aforementioned Desert Wind is now quite short in the betting, He should run well but the stable are without a win since December. I tried to find a bet at bigger odds but despite not being a fan of Mark Johnston it is hard to shake the notion that Mildenberger could be a class act here. Runner up to Roaring Lion in the Dante and lightly raced, Epsom may suit him and I feel he can hump top weight to victory.

2.45 Epsom Arthur Kitt 9/2

3.55 Epsom Mildenberger 11/4

Cape Of Good Hope and Crossed Baton seem weak today.

11. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

hi fellas!

perth,3 00:

a tight little race,but i think,EUR GONE WEST is highly progressive,and the fact,hes sent into such a hot race so soon,speaks volumes for the regard hes held in.has been clobberd for his wide-magin win last time out,but hard to know the ceiling of his ability..big shout.

fontwell,3 10:

basically a match between TIKKINTHEBOX and waikiki waves,with preference for the former,who ran not too badly in a better contest last time out,and is slowly coming down the handicap..good chance..

12. Saf

The bottom horse is a non-runner. Just two of them go.

13. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

A disappointing 3rd was hoping for and expecting better

14. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Well money came for Arthur Kitt but he went flat on his tits coming out of the stalls and it was game over. Looked a non event regarding the Derby. Another mediocre renewal of the alleged trial for the big one. Still a new one doing your dough one second after the stalls opened. <steam>

Hughdie likes this.
  15. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

fontwell,3 45:

CANTON PRINCE might be the outsider of this field,but i think,there are some reasons,to expect a good show from him.although he isnt that well treated at present,the same can be said of some of his rivals here.he seems to go well fresh,so that would explain his relative light season so far,along with a preference for good ground possibly.so,with ifs and buts about any of these,he can go well today..

16. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

I had a look at this one this morning but was actually put off by the price at around 10/1 and decided against backing it. I see it's been nibbled into around 8s in places but still just a watching brief for me. I'll be interested to see how it goes, good luck with your bet

17. JH stand

JH stand Active Member

Having awoken from my winter hibernation -no interest in N.H. - it's time to look at making money on the flat,but first an update on the Mackem bullet. She is now with Wes Ward and has run twice,first in an $12,000 optional claimer - strange choice that! - which she won at 4/11 then in an $126,000 graduated stakes race at Keenland over a mile, never out of the first two and won by a cosy one and a half lengths at 5/1 the key to this win was the soft ground. Well deserved black type. The race can be viewed on ATR.

Now that Too darn hot misses the 2000 guineas I have no interest,however in the 1000 guineas I have backed EAST £100 at 20/1 with bet365,but there is a problem. Although she is in the 24 declared runners at today's forfeit stage I do not expect her to run,instead I expect her to run in the Poule Dessai Des Pouliches [ the French 1000] on 12th May. for which she is a 9/1 shot. If she is not in the four day decs next week I will back her at the best price for the French race.

Why do I fancy EAST so strongly? Quite simply her finishing kick. In the group 3 Thomas Byron at Saint-Cloud she came from last to first in the final furlong to win going away by two and a half lengths,however even more impressive was her run at the breeders cup. Drawn in gate 14 - think Chester - Spencer had a decision to make, go forward - or take the medicine and drop her in. He chose the latter,consequently she was the best part of 15 lengths in arrears at the halfway stage. The ground that she made up in the final stages was phenomenal,sure she was beaten 5 lengths,but this was by the best 2yo filly in the world. So -no ifs or buts - back EAST to wi

Ste D likes this.
  18. Saf

Get in. I took 7/1 for that this morning

19. stick

stick Bumper King

Never at the races

20. NassauBoard

Horrendous run, must have something amiss