1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We don't have any great strikers...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TheLittleGeordie, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

So why do we keep playing 2 of them??? <doh><doh><doh><doh><doh>

I know the title states the obvious but seriously, we have a quality midfield but with 4 men in there we don't seem to be able to control it. How about we stick another man in there and drop one of the anonymous strikers and see whether we can actually keep the ball next game???

2. nevfur

nevfur Active Member

Think this might be where Ben Arfa is planned to fit in.

3. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Benny will be the difference

4. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Ben Arfa <3

5. Jock McMagpie

Jock McMagpie Active Member

Benny to come back.I thought Best done well considering how isolated Shola left him and Ba/Sammy done more in 2 mins tha Shola done all game. Please Pards,no more Shola unless we are desperate!!!

6. Immynufc009

Immynufc009 Member

Best was isolated, he's proved he can produce the goods when given service, Lovenkrands should have started instead of Shola, atleast that combination has produced goals and results, its a much better suited partnership then Shola and Best who havnt got the greatest of pace!

7. The Situation

The Situation Active Member

No-one else want to see Vuckic given a chance in the midfield?

8. GeoMax

GeoMax Member

For me Best is too static and only reacts or closes down when the ball is in which ever part of the pitch he happens to occupy (reminded me so much of Fameobi of a couple of years... ago against QPR tonight).

Problem for us is that we don't have any quality strikers, certainly not the level you'd expect to need to challenge for a Eruopa League (or whatever this watered down comp is called now) place! I'm far more inclined to give the one striker I've seen look good for us so far a starting place! And thats Sameobi! If it does not work then whats the problem, the rest look ****e anyway, on what I've seen of him so far this season it's a win win option!

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Marveaux to replace Shola away to get control in midfield and release the wide men. Give him freedom a la Taarabt until Benny is back. At home put young Sammy in the hole. He deserves a go and will provide the movement to give our midfielders space. These are the two showing promise and I think it would be a good way of integrating them into the team. When others are fit we then have more options. I honestly think a bit of movement up top would change the dynamics of our whole team. Best would be helped no end and would last longer. I know folk like Shola, he is a good lad, but he is killing us and not suited to the style of play we're trying to develop. Its not functioning because he is static and doesn't close down quickly.

10. Hatem Is A Geordie

Hatem Is A Geordie Active Member

Because all Pardew has us doing is the long ball from krul...

11. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

He's just broken his hand I think, so it's unlikely we'll see him for a little while.

12. Beardsleymagic08

For years I have been harping on about Shola being crap

Why has it taken you lot so long to realise

13. Warmir Pouchov

Don't know which site you've been looking at but at least 50% or more on here do not rate Shola and have been desperate for him to be dropped. There are some who still love him but you'll find the vast majority lost patience way back on the old 606 and before! I understand why people are so forgiving, off the pitch he is a great professional and has not been one jot of bother. But is that really justification for another contract?? No.

He is just not good enough at this level. The ball just keeps coming straight back, he either can't control it or can't move to find space. His closing down of the opposition has been nothing short of pathetic for years. We'll never move forward until he is replaced. We need movement and some workrate up top. And a little bit of quality wouldn't go amiss.

14. "not" geniusvoiceoreason

Agree!!!!!

15. Beardsleymagic08

I spent many years putting this point across on the old 606, but seemed to be a lone voice
    It's refreshing to see some like minded people on here

16. in carr we trust

i love shola but he's ****e.

17. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

Iv'e been saying it for years and still the club stick with him. He's slow, lazy and like Bambi cant stay on his feet.

18. Geordyridley

Geordyridley New Member

I think the problem with Shola is his Irish ancestory - it causes him to put his boots on the wrong feet! Maybe they should be labelled L & R in an attempt to avoid confusion

19. Marvo

Marvo Member

The biggest problem with Shola is that whenever he's on the pitch we just play long balls to him. People always go on about him being good in the air but in reality it's probably one of the weaker parts of his game.

20. Warmir Pouchov

Doesn't matter if you play to his head, chest feet, thigh, he still won't control or just get into a wrestling match. He just isn't good enough, end of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.