1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

we didn't grease their palms enough!

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Oct 4, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

As expected but an absolute joke. Everything behind the scenes that Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh build has been ripped apart and left us as a club incompetent on and off the pitch.
    It seems unfair to even replace Shakey as he's been completely shafted and I don't know who could even do better with the ****e we have in midfield. I really am losing interest whilst this carries on. It's not the Leicester City we all know and love

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... bunch of fcuking clowns...

5. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.... would they have done this with Manchester United? .... suspect not .... we should let him run on the pitch fully kitted for every warm-up until January <grr>

6. JohnTheFox

I agree, no way would they have. Funny how the Costa transfer has been worded as well.
    However, we know we aren't one of the 'big' clubs, we know there's a lot of bitterness towards Britain due to political reasons and as far as British clubs go, I'm sure there's still much bitterness about Raneiri so when it comes to good will or flexibility, we would never get the rub of the green from them. So ultimately, it's the clubs fault for putting themselves in the position to give FIFA the opportunity to be jobs worths

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Some of the blame must lay with us. If we had stood firm with Drinkwater as we did with others we wouldn't be in this position. Someone saw the opportunity for getting some big money in but forgot the second part of the equation which was ensuring we got a replacement in within the allowed rules.

8. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We have been trying to sign Adrien Silva for two years ... this was a complete fcuk up ... he should have been signed up and Drinky off loaded in January if necessary ...

9. JohnTheFox

I couldn't just copy the bit I wanted off my phone but on this link just down there's some interesting comments regarding forensically examining the IT
    http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
    Someone's lying as if the club had this rock solid evidence, how would FIFA think they would get away with it? If it is true of course that'd be fantastic as it could ruin FIFA even further and the club would get damages. I suspect the club haven't got such proof though for the above reason

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Only bit of good news today is that Adrien Silva can now train with the team

The club are considering an appeal to the court of arbitration for sport

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

To be fair, what’s the point of a deadline if they let you off for narrowly missing it?

12. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

remember we were given an extra 2 ****ING HOURS and STILL missed the deadline. You just couldn't make it up could you. Only at Leicester!

13. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He can? didn't see that. good news if true.
    Bad thing is that ok we get him in Jan. but then another month to get up to match fitness see him in Feb. nightmare

14. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Is he allowed to play for the under 23's?

15. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

We didn't grease their palms enough... But it looks like FC Zurich did!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41511012

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

It's only ****e because Shakey insists on playing andy king to partner Ndidi.

You have a mercurial winger whos very inconsistent in Mahrez, Albrighton who is a steady eddy, Gray who has bags of potential, Iborra who was a mainstay in a very decent Seville team, Ndidi who we all know was brilliant at the backend of last season (not sure how hes been this seaso but he's a beast).

It might not top 6 level but it's far better than half of the clubs out there and on par with most.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  17. JohnTheFox

I agree about King, I'm not happy at all with Shakey right now. He needs to be more adventurous definitely. All I'm saying is that this situation gets him a bit of sympathy from me as it's not his fault. Hopefully Iborra will start more now he is getting his fitness up

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

A bit of sympathy fair enough (for the silva situation). I just didn't think it was fair to blame your "****e" midfield when its not that bad of a midfield

19. JohnTheFox

I was only classing the centre mids as well not the wingers. Beyond Ndidi and Iborra what we have is average at best and Ndidi hasn't been what he was last season and Iborra injured/not fit. It's also the fact the club has shown themselves to be inept and let Shakey deal with it in press conferences that I sympathise with. No excuse for the crap tactics/subs and game management though

20. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

A bit harsh on Ndidi as I think he has been one of our better performers, but I understand where you're coming from. The central partnership of Drinkwater and Kante was extremely effective, but when Kante went it left a huge hole in that area of the field and it took a while for Ndidi and Drinkwater to gel. But I thought they ended up playing well together. Losing the senior partner in Drinkwater has left another huge hole which Andy King just isn't capable of filling. Hopefully Silva is a Kante/Drinkwater type of midfielder with a good engine and dominant in midfield. I've no idea what his strengths are, but if he isn't that type of player then we could be struggling with a 2 man central midfield.