1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WAWTWI !

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Sep 30, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know how much the gov get from NI contributions, which as you say originally was ring fenced purely for the NHS, compared to how much is ACTUALLY spent on the NHS, likewise car tax collected against amount used for roads etc.

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

BBC Papers - Digby Jones last night said 'Private sector workers are settling at 5%-7% wage increases'.
    Went on to say 'Public sector workers, who pay for the public sector, are wanting inflation busting increases and are living in a parallel universe'.
    Apparently Nurses are looking for between 19%- 24%.
    Words fail me about Lynch and the railways.

This is all about Unions bringing the Government down.
    Starmer, deliberately, is sitting on his hands allowing Raynor and the Unions to have a free for all.

The Tory Party needs shafting, they are so inept Starmer and co look electable.

That is the tragedy in all this.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The Tories are indeed to blame for many of the current issues
    Labour have also been awful at holding them to account over the last decade
    A functioning parliamentary system needs both sides to be on their game

Redprintt likes this.
  4. AshtonRed

These are the same nurses we clapped during the pandemic, there are thousands of unfilled vacancies, and presently nurses are leaving in their droves, many to become agency nurses, where they are paid much more and can choose the hrs to Suit them.

I, for one, have everything sympathy with nurses, they are amazing, and if they are asking for more, i believe they are worth every penny.

5. Redprintt

Who doesn't have sympathy for nurses.

Get off the fence.
    You deliberately avoid, just as your leader, the question.

20% pay increase ?

6. AshtonRed

How much are the bills for agency nurses? , with thousands of vacancies guaranteeing work if as a nurse you join an agency, why stay working for the NHS for less wages and worse conditions? , so the cost of not giving them an increase, we agree they are worth, is actually more than if we do.

so you answer the question who pays the extra ?

7. Redprintt

Hang on Ashton, this conversation started about the rail workers, Lynch and strikers in general.
    Don't play the Nurse card with me.
    Everyone backs the nurses. I certainly do.
    This is about how/who pays for all these bloody strikes coordinated by the different Unions who's ultimate is to bring down the government.
    It's very easy for you, Starmer and co sniping at the sides saying pay them all more.
    Managing/governing is a different game.

8. AshtonRed

I explained in an earlier post, the strikes are due to years of underinvestment due to many years of austerity, all the chickens are now coming home to roost at the same time.

Normally after this long with the Tory’s in power labour have been voted in and have to deal with all this sh*t, now the tories are having to try to deal with it and failing dismally.

9. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I actually have no problem with front line nurses getting a significant pay rise but it’s the NHS administrative staff in the background who also expect the same when, in my opinion, they generally don’t deserve it!

I have had experience of the admin of the NHS; like the Police, too many chiefs and unnecessary levels of admin, not enough foot soldiers!!

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  10. AshtonRed

Very good point.

11. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

REALRED SAID
    Almost see your point, everything in life is governed by one thing, a liitle word rule it defines 2 sides right or wrong [ basically ] laws are part of the "rule" if there was no rules everything would be in total chaos and not just talking about people ... everything science/ nature/ the universe / etc
    The scottish people were given the opportunity to hold a referendum on staying and leaving .. they voted for staying. those that dipped out had sour grapes and wanted another one ASAP .... It was granted on the premise of a once in a generation thing. And to be honest where would they be now had it gone the otherway ... would have had to pay into EU but not be a member, would have nothing from EU but had to apply for membership and thus meet all the rules and get the votes to join ... likely years in the making.

so answer is it was and is now democratic

ASHTON REPLIED
    I get they voted to stay in 6 years ago, that was at the behest of David Cameron, and I’m not suggesting they are due another one yet, as you rightly said it was supposed to be a once in a generation thing. I also get there needs to be rules, that’s my point, there are no rules whereby they get a chance for another EVER, unless the UK government decides they’ll allow it, that can’t be right surely?

WAS POSTED ON WRONG THREAD

12. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Now chuck Border Force at our major airports (and Cardiff !) into the mix
    This will be pretty much a general strike before long

13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Isn't a general strike, where others strike on their behalf? i.e NHS workers union striking for say "Rail workers" (stupid example)!! ?

14. AshtonRed

That’s my understanding too, although I believe it is now illegal to do so. (I’m sure someone will put me right though)

15. realred1952

MOST countries in the world got together after the horrors of the war [WWll ] and drew up "rules" ... Putrid ignores some and stretch's the others. .GOV laid down a basic set of rules to protect the civilians population and aggressiveness of pickets and etc's as Ashton concurs A GENERAL STRIKE WAS PART OF THE FORBIDDEN! ..
    What you have to realise is that all the union bosses are in charge of collecting money on behalf of the Labour party [ Every individual can decline to pay the proportion of that weekly payment allotted to Labour party funds ] so getting all the benefits of the union without paying into Labour coffers! ..and a cheaper contribution! My only job to have union membership was 15 years, after about 4 years or so someone on our shift actually read the booklet you get when you join and found the well hidden brief comment regarding such. 2/3rds of the workforce requested not to pay it! union rep was always badgering us to reconsider!

16. realred1952

OH DEAR OH DEAR oh dearie me Harry ... how bitter you are driven by a wife who just a few weeks after she has passed makes a laugh and joke about her on a Netflix VIDEO. No wonder there is a lot of people who turning against you both.... on both sides of the Atlantic. Right from the start her mother seems to invite racism into the relationship! .. I for one have seen enough on the trailers not to want to see the 6 episodes. Like most of the media I agree from what I seen it is a one sided view designed to make you a few bob. SAD!

17. AshtonRed

I’m surprised you didn’t know the political levy was optional, I think now, as opposed to your day, it’s now opt in, rather than opt out.

18. Redprintt

Ageism is not a good look.

19. realred1952

I did in 1960 something '64? didnt have a lot to do with it ... unions ... you were expected to join, I just paid up, Company encouraged you ...

20. realred1952

3 children die in lake ...another in I/C ..
    How very very sad is that, in more than one way.
    Children die , [in one way, hopefully not all same family.] a horrible death, hypothermia... My hobbies have taken me the brink, and whilst not totally hypothermic, the loss of temperature is terrifying, especially after the chattering starts!!!
    Why were they on the lake "unsupervised, in so much as no adult! ?"
    Bad parental care? poor education about conditions? Lack of knowledge maybeof bystanders to cope/ know what to do?
    Ice is a strange thing, it does have strength, when thick enough 2 -3" should support a person of 60 kg. temporarily .. [ moving steadily ] BUT toward the edge with plant life it may be deceiving and thinner or have faults! or near an edge, although 2-3" be susceptible to shearing / snapping off ..