1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watmore

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by smithy in nl, Mar 22, 2015.

1. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

Why does almost everybody think this kid is amazing and the savior??

I've noticed on a lot of threads his name crops up, he's untried at this level and didn't even play very well in the jock league! But all of a sudden he's the savior of Sunderland and must start??

I think the lads played really well today and should have had at least a point.

I like advocaat and think we will be safe very soon.

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Only played 9 in Scotland thoug and that was over a year ago. Has been back with SAFC all this season and us Just back from a broken leg and has certainly played a lot for the kids and looks very fast and direct.

3. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

He is something different from what we currently have... I think the fact we've only won 4 games is enough reason to attempt an alternative solution?
    Who'd have thought CW was our answer last season whilst he was out on loan !?!?

1. If it's working don't try to fix it
    2. If it's NOT working TRY to fix it !!

clockstander likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I'm sure the answers you asked for are in the posts you read where his name crops up. I've stated my reasons more than enough. His reasons for not playing as well in Scotland are also in those posts. You could also take an interest in the U21s in your quest for answers, like the games which have been live streamed, the highlights from every game, the words of his peers and opponents. Then there's the words the coaches, both for his club and other clubs. Believe it or not it's not just some of the people on here who can see something in the kid.

5. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

Walking away from the ground i had that feeling that i had just witnessed a very bad advert for the prem in the form of two very poor sides imo,for connor to get the mom summed us up ,he should not be in contention unless he is scoring or assisting in goals,from what i can deduce it was for his work rate alone very creditable yes but we should be better in midfield than this,gomez i thought along with rodwell were poor indeed imo,
    I wish to see connor playing with defoe as a pair ,and yes i was expecting to see the boy come on and he probably would have if the goal had come ten mins earlier ,we looked set for a point and i think thats the reason why he didnt get a run out

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I think he didn't get a run out as we had already used an unplanned sub due to Crunchie head going off

7. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think you're probably right there but I was still disappointed when Fletcher went off, it was Graham who came on. After getting his seat on the bench I was hoping Dick would have played the 'wild card'.

I watched the first half and listened to the second half in the car on Talkshite. They were withering in their comments on the quality of the football.

Was really disappointed with Defoe in the first half. Trying to show off and burst the net when what we needed was cold clinical finishing.

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

This has got to be worst thread of the month, absolutely pathetic.

9. smithy in nl

Haha and why is that??

10. newbottle bank

newbottle bank Active Member

I was enjoying this thread till you turned up. If you don't like the thread don't read it.

smithy in nl likes this.

11. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

In what way did we play well? So abit running about means we played well like? What does the team lack? It lacks pace big time and watmore has it. The kid may play **** but aren't you stick of the same old **** players like graham and Fletcher getting chances all the time? Time to give the kid a chance

clockstander and grandpops like this.
  12. smithy in nl

I think we created enough chances and had Defoe put his massive chance away we would have pissed it!!

I'm not saying don't give him a chance I'm just saying everyone seems to think he's Gona light the place up and and turn us into Barcelona haha.

Don't get me wrong I will be buzzing if he does come on and gets motm goals assists anything that makes us win, just think people are bigging him up far to much.

13. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

I can only think of one clear cut chance and that was Defoe. Wickham had a good shoot but that's it pal.

I think people just want to see something different in the team pal and watmore is something different because he has pace.

clockstander and smithy in nl like this.
  14. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Wow Tees! Where did that come from?

15. Brian Storm

Messi couldn't turn us into Barcelona, not sure where you've got hold of that idea or where you've read anything close.

What bases is he being bigged up too much? Have you seen him play?

16. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Think its just a case of grasping at straws mate. And thats understandable in the current circumstances.

The Relic likes this.
  17. smithy in nl

Just the fact that everyone is wanting him starting mate, as I live in holland I've only seen a couple of flashes of him and he looks decent, just think a lot of people could be disappointed if he turns out to be not very good a bit like noble for example..

Anyway Id had quite a few bevies when I made this thread and people seem to have got the wrong idea haha

18. Brian Storm

Probably peeved with the attitude that's helped bring next nowt through our academy over the years. We've got a decent crop of kids coming through, they should be supported and given their chance imo. If Dick is going to go with 3 up top keeping them close together not only would I give Watmore his shot I'd give Mandron a shot too. The lad is piling the muscle on, turning into a right beast. Stronger and quicker than fletch, better touch and a greater awareness than Wickham, not good enough to lead the line on his own as he's not a natural finisher but ready to flourish with a partner. Why not George Honeyman? Our Midfield is pap, George is an attacking minded midfielder who's first instinct is to play the ball foward, no dilly dally on the ball letting the op get organised, he moves the ball quickly and he moves to pick up the ball. These youngsters can all ad something the seniors seriously lack. they're talented, hungry, ready to start playing a part and just waiting for a gaffer who's willing to give them a chance.

19. Brian Storm

Well there you go. You've seen flashes. You need to see more mate, of all of them in fact. You're eyes will pop out your head at how much better footballers they are than the seniors. Their ability to keep the ball, to pass it to a high tempo, to keep the ball on the deck and play direct without resorting to long balls. They're a joy to watch, got a real chemistry. Not saying they're all ready to replace the seniors, some of them won't break the first team ever. But they play the game better. Their idea of football and the seniors idea of football are very differant. I'd sooner watch the U21s play any day of the week.

20. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

I agree with most of that Funky. But it would take one hell of a manager to go with youth over experience at this stage of the season. It was DA's first game in the PL and he wasn't gonna make a prat of himself in it.

The Relic likes this.