1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Didn't cardiff win the FA cup way back when with something similar , I can't ask anyone who was alive then because they're not now

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Reality hits home that we are nowhere near ready for promotion....The honeymoon is over as the goals dry up. Mid table is far more realistic for our season and i will be content with that....

3. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

OK

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

6. swanseaandproud

Swans Bubble have definitely burst as far as goals are concerned and we need to get that back....Watford are the whipping boys of the premiership and we could not deal with them and it showed, Hopefully we will start improving against Reading and we will look like scoring a few goals.....A draw or loss will confirm the club has problems.....Fingers crossed....

7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

So you are discounting the fact that Cooper made 8 changes to his first team?

8. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Just a minor technicality. Wasn’t the Watford sub worth 25m? that’s more than our team put together.

daimungeezer, 55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

2nd in the table narrowly beaten by Forest and now Watford hmmm I wonder what problems are they ?

10. swanseaandproud

<doh> not discounting nothing...These are first team players or why have them in the squad, You silly billy.....:emoticon-0136-giggl

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Bonymaen Colts have a 1st team so may I suggest you reflect on what you've just posted <laugh>

12. swanseaandproud

Get them to play then. but the fact is they are first team players....Cooperman picked the team which could not beat the worst team in the premiership and fans want Promotion..<laugh> Do me a favour...<ok>

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I can't recall any one actually saying that they want promotion, I haven't for one , now can you point to anyone else who has ? Should we (a term used for those who actually support the Club) obtain promotion it will be an considerable achievement by a group of kids and few old heads but I suppose that little detail seems to have passed you by .

14. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Boundie…...it is the prime aim of every fan that their team is promoted. Yet, the result for both our teams is almost certainly a disappointing season to follow....and probably relegation too. Yet, we go again!!!!
    At the moment, your team is in position to achieve the promised land. I can't say that the position is not deserved, because it is. If it can be maintained, you'll get something you crave but it will need very careful management and decisions that it does not become a disaster. Spend to stay or try and hang around on peanuts and improve the finances? What will the Yanks want....hang around on peanuts and sell before the drop? If so, they'll have to find someone who understands the Premiership worse than they did!!!!
    I didn't enjoy last season (and not hugely enamoured with this one either) but I would still sell my soul to be at the top come the end of the season. Plus ca change!!!!!!

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Not sure if winning promotion to the "promised land (I hate that statement ) should come at the cost of a Clubs financial future , trying to keep pace with the big clubs and you'll get your fingers burnt , we had 7 years in the PL and the first 3/4 were great but once the realisation of how much money could be pocketed by the previous regime then the lack of any clear strategy and a so called DOFs who hadn't clue signed our death warrant in terms of becoming a sustainable PL Club , The yanks are not here for the love of the Club or City just here purely as a business venture that we all understand a, if gaining promotion and them selling up then it maybe worth it ,who knows what their plans are but regardless the Club will survive in some form or another and what ever league we play in then myself and I'm sure quite a few others will continue to support it ,