1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford V Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Watford v Crystal Palace:
    please log in to view this image

Watford v Crystal Palace: probable starters in bold, contenders in light
    Crystal Palace have banked six points without conceding after a brutal run of defeats against Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City. Roy Hodgson will be confident his side can maintain their run against managerless Watford who are back in a rut. Seven points from safety could quickly snowball into being completely cut adrift if they do not hire the right man soon. Wilfried Zaha finding form escalates the danger of a fourth consecutive defeat. Graham Searles

Saturday 3pm Venue Vicarage Road Last season Watford 2 Crystal Palace 1 Referee Martin Atkinson This season G13 Y35 R2 2.85 cards/game Odds H 7-5 A 21-10 D 11-5

WATFORD

Subs from
    Gomes, Bachmann, Quina, Chalobah, Zeegelaar, Foulquier, Dahlberg, Kabasele, Success, Hughes, Janmaat Doubtful Janmaat (knee), Kabasele (hamstring) Injured Dawson (head, 14 Dec), Cleverley (heel), Holebas (ankle), Janmaat (knee), Welbeck (hamstring), Prödl (knee, all unknown) Suspended None Discipline Y30 R1 Form DLWLLL Leading scorers Deulofeu, Gray 2

CRYSTAL PALACE
    Subs from Henderson, Hennessey, Dann, Camarasa, Riedewald, McCarthy, Benteke, Dreher, Tavares, Lokilo, Wickham Doubtful Cahill (knee), Dann (ankle) Injured Van Aanholt (hamstring), Ward (knee, both unknown) Suspended Sakho (first of three) Discipline Y27 R1 Form DLLLWW Leading scorer Ayew 4​

Scullion and yorkshirehornet like this.
  2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Another long drive forus tomorrow.... we must be mad.......

3. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

A simple cut and paste jobby as didn´t see a thread.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Very good luck to the Golden Boys <cheers>

5. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Looks like I will miss the match as Mme wants to go Edinburgh and the garage has been pestering me to come in and discuss a new car for the same monthly payments or less than I am paying now. They obviously need to shift cars but will have to be aware of the smelly rat. At the end of the day we are quite happy with the current 2yr old one.
    Enjoy the game all, we need to get 8 points this month and we missed out on one on Wed.

6. yorkshirehornet

Just leaving to pick up Mlle and then drive south.. Meeting Hackney as always for a bite then off to the game.
    COYH!

7. yorkshirehornet

Interesting to see how it goes today. The players on the pitch will def want to impress the new manager in the stands...

8. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Off to the game early today for a couple of pints in the Red Lion, thankfully I sit on the end of the isle!!!!!!!!

COYH's

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks again for the thread Mex. Hopefully I will be back for the next game.
    Really not too sure what will happen here. From what I saw in the last game we certainly looked more enthusiastic and lively. One lives in hope they say.<ok>

10. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Kabasele and Pereyra in - Hughes and Mariappa out .

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Markthehorn likes this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Referee: Martin Atkinson
    Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Daniel Cook
    Fourth official: Peter Bankes
    VAR: Andre Marriner
    Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Half Time: Watford 0-0 Palace

Scrappy stuff without either keeper being troubled. A few bits of push and shove with Zaha at the centre of it as usual. Sarr looks as if he could unlock their defence with his pace.

15. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

I have a bit of hope today. Am listening while playing games with my boy

16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Final Score: Watford 0-0 Palace

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Maybe we should have won that. My commentators were convinced that Deeney was fouled inside the penalty area. They showed it a number of times from different angles and it did look as though Cahill had fouled him. Then there was that miss from Gray at the end. Sarr seems to be growing into the PL and could well help us no end with his pace and clever twists and turns. Much better and it shouldn't be forgotten that Palace have a very good away record.

18. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

The foul on Deeney is obvious. Or should I say “Obvious”, as in “Clear and Bleedin’...” <doh>

VAR is not the problem. It is the institutionally incompetent FA. I use those words most carefully and deliberately. I’ve experienced so much personally with them recently, where their staggering incompetence and obstruction has repeatedly attempted to end disability football in Hertfordshire, and their higher profile ‘efforts’ in making a total Mons of our national game on the international stage, it is all too much to take sometimes.

Zaha should’ve been sent off for an off the ball violent conduct in the first half. ‘Referee’ Atkinson sees it apparently, because he gives a yellow card, but if he sees the incident which was 10 yards away from the departing ball, then it has to be red as it was violent conduct. If you kick a player off the ball that is violent conduct. On the street it is assault. Zaha obviously throws himself to the ground too, having kicked our player off the ball. Yellow card. <doh> You could cry.

Cahill’s bringing Deeney down in a headlock was so f@cking ‘obvious’ ‘OBVIOUS’, it was a disgrace ‘Referee’ Atkinson didn’t call it. For VAR to back up this disgraceful decision makes further mockery of the FA and their continuing running ruining of our national game.

I’ve had enough.

Two very level teams today, but we had the better of it. Zaha tried his best to get our players booked, so pleased Kabasele had a word with him after Zaha had dragged Kabasele off the pitch and looked to the referee for a penalty. Then threw his arms up to the Sarf Landan dickheads.

Sarr’s final ball needs to be bette, but he was busy.

Somebody take Gray to the vets. He has had a good innings and it is the kindest thing to do. Strikes me as ironic that he dresses like a pimp in nightclubs, but couldn’t score in a brothel.

19. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Had the chances to win that but lacked conviction at the vital moment.

Sarr was very good .

We could have had a penalty it seems but knowing us would have probably missed!!

Defence was pretty solid - Kabasele particularly.

Onto the next game - nice easy one at Anfield.

As for Zaha - well no one else seems to get so wound up playing us!

20. yorkshirehornet

<laugh>

Well put...
    We just need to finish.
    A much better game and Sarr was so promising.
    Kabasale fouled Zaha right in front of us.. So can't see how Zaha should be booked.. But he was a Complete drama queen.. So got his deserts
    Gray? What can I say? Score man score...

Markthehorn likes this.