1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford on BBC..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

2. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Yes, saw it last night. Was all going well until Wrighty started going on about 'how do the fans feel' etc. As I saw someone point out somewhere else, apart from anything else, why not do your research? He'd have then found out that actually we're OK because we know the club is being well run e.g. the state of the Vic, and actually, 'in Pozzo we trust!'.

andytoprankin likes this.
  3. Markthehorn

And as Troy says been promoted - staying in the Premier league for 3 seasons!

You'd think we were like Charlton or Blackpool from that sort of comment...

andytoprankin likes this.
  4. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Our owners are always thinking what would the fans want .They said "once we start filling the ground they will build a new stand" then they found out that a lot of fans was unhappy with a 3 sided ground so they started to build it early , Then there was the naming of the stands its shows that they are total class it was what every Watford fan would want . It shows the respect that the owners have for Elton and Graham .

andytoprankin and A1 Horn like this.
  5. Markthehorn

I do think some pundits reckon the Pozzos just came in and took over from Elton John and GT!

If they knew about the Russos/Bassini/Simpson I think they'd soon find out fans are more than happy to be where we are and thinking generally how good things are!

We aren't West Ham/Newcastle who seem to think they are entitled to instant success just because they get big crowds and had a decent team decades ago.

New stand/no money worries/top players (by our standards)/not having to sell at the first time a bid comes in.

And good point to say they have respected the past - rather than cashing in and getting naming rights for the stands/ground.

Ian Wright was probably having a bad day - once again had to talk about the "troubles" at Arsenal whilst praising Man U (from what I saw) so hardly his ideal show!

(Maybe peeved he didn't get the chance to meet Troy as well!)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017