1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watching T.V.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

During this shut down, how many of us have been watching too mutch Television ? and what does it do to you ? .............. I must confess that I have been guilty of too much Television.
    First thing in the morning on B.B.C. That news channel with that Naga Munchety, She really loves herself,
    has what looks like a new outfit on every morning, and she must go to bed with her head sealed into a big bowl not to disturb a single hair , or not to smear her make up. ...... soon turn her bloody off.
    Then on I.T.V. We are treated to that bloody Phillip Schofield. ........... could not stand the sod a long time before he came out as Gay, ... hate the bugger now. ...... next Channel ... cooking. ........move on ...next cooking again. ..... How many of the younger generation bloody cook? It's all bloody take always now. ...... move on to channel 4 and we have another bloody star Jeremy Vine. Wonder how many of you put up with him ?
    We all miss our football, but at least we can have a selection of video films once the afternoon comes. ...
    Championship Snooker past games, old Golf games, even full Rugby and Football games. ..... We also have Sky news where we are kept informed of what the football authorities intend to do, And we hear about BALE giving half a million to the Welsh Natioal Health, and a half million to Spain. ...... Well done him.
    Now that I have had my moan, I think to myself how lucky I am compared to people who lived years ago, who would have had no television to look at at all. ........ just proves we are just spoilt bastards.

I STILL MISS MY FOOTBALL AND RUGBY.

2. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Well said Victor.....the morning programmes seem to be designed for stay at home wives, women on shifts or those others that don’t work as a rule. With the lockdown in full swing we will see more repeats as new stuff is shelved for now

Victor and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You need to change the channel and follow the world's top comedian Donald Duck Trump!.............<laugh>

I am on my gaming rig (Ryzen 7 3700x) and enjoying my fantasy world in between forums...................<whistle>

4. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Killing Eve series 3.

Twin. Scandi set in Norway (Lofoten Islands). Nice scenery but implausible story.

Enjoyed Hidden series 1, not so keen on series 2.

Watching Wolf Hall again. Thomas Cromwell/Henry VIII. Great cast.

Victor and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Yes Killing Eve is good. Watched all of series 2 last Sunday on catchup ready for the start of series 3. Violent but a good story.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I’ve read a number of books - one on The Great Escape, two on the D-Day landings, Cameron’s autobiography (a decent read, better than Blair’s) and I started a WW1 book ‘Somme Mud’ - I gave up after 142 pages, a ‘hard’ read, excuse the pun, but I got bogged down in it <cheers>

azzuriswan likes this.
  7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Bugger the tele the weathers too nice to be stuck indoors , so far I’ve replaced a fence between myself and the neighbour behind me then water proofed and replaced the roof on my block built shed.knocked down a 10 x 5 wooden shed which in part has will used to make planters for my swathes of marigolds currently growing in my temporary plastic green house ,I’ve replaced deckiing at the bottom of the garden ,today it’s cutting up a pile of logs for my wood burning stove and finding a place to store them ,probably under my other section of raised decking as I need to replace a few boards there as well.Next on my list will be replacing the 6x6 fence panels between me and the neighbour adjacent which will involve digging up the old posts (not looking forward to that but) I’m knackered at the end of the day plus I’m still working so if there is any tele it’s for about an hour watching nothing in particular just to relax before planning the next job .there are benefits of no football, weekends normally would mean me watching my grandkids play on the Saturday morning ,Swans in the pm then Sunday back with grandson watching him play another game.and I have to say I miss watching the kids than the Swans atm

8. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

WatchEd a full re-run of Life on Mars now on Ashes to Ashes again. Must have seen it 3 times but I fvckin loves the Gene Genie. Got a Firestick and mod’d it up with apps now watch anything but I’m not sure the endless choice of sh1t to watch is better. Bit like teletext holidays, I find myself looking at the same sh1t after an hour of finding nowt. Anyway, happy viewing campers. I too miss my rugby & footy Vic, had to cancel Reading next week so let’s hope we get that free premier league the sun has been splashing over their front pages this week.

9. TheRealBubbles

10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Hardly any TV.
    Radio for me,or wireless depending on how olde one is.Ahem.
    Radio Wales weekdays at 10 for Owen Money.And on weekends listen to his show.
    Plenty of choice after that.Sit in the garden and give it a go guys.

11. Taffvalerowdy

The only TV I’m watching at present is ‘Formula 1 Drive to Survive’ on Netflix.

Just finished watching the first series.

I’m not a Formula 1 fan, but this ‘fly on the wall’ series is well worth a watch<cheers>

azzuriswan and TheRealBubbles like this.
  12. TheRealBubbles

At some point I’m going to have to start that Killing Eve Mrs Bubbs keeps banging on about.

Taffvalerowdy and azzuriswan like this.
  13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Love my F1, sadly looked like my Silverstone trip will be off. I’m going to take a look at that show. Good film to watch plus Le Mans v Ferrari. After watching the film did a read up about it and they say the following years race was a better one.

Taffvalerowdy and azzuriswan like this.
  14. neveroffsidereff

My work list for the weekend.

1) Pressure wash the front gutters and facials.
    2) Same as above but the back. :)
    3) Cut the front lawn.
    4) Same as above but the back :(
    5) Paint the shed.
    6) Bit of pruning.
    7) Then a load of digging for a few weeks time when the real work starts.

That will be me done for.

15. TheRealBubbles

What you doing this afternoon then Nev?

16. Taffvalerowdy

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  17. neveroffsidereff

I’m just having cuppa, before venturing out into the wilderness. Mrs Never working a late shift, go just me and Miss Never today.

Taffvalerowdy and TheRealBubbles like this.
  18. TheRealBubbles

Where are the boys?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I knew I knew you from somewhere Victor :grin:

20. TheRealBubbles

Vic puts those two, to shame. Happy buggers.