1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Warm Glow- Since 2014- now like Milan- Mackem Free

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dorty Dogbreath, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Actually prefer to think of it as having been promoted as Champions twice in the last 10 years.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Judge Death likes this.
  3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

2009 is not in the last 10 years.

Relegated twice in recent times and both times annihilated the Championship and finished top. You in the Champ on the other hand...

4. Charlie Dogscock

2005/06 ah remember that season so well - diabolical under Souness and club in chaos, but even despite how bad we were, Sunderland STILL managed to be a hundred times worse than us all the way through the season and gave us some "well at least we're not the Mackems" reassurance.

And by the end we finished the season qualifying for Europe and they were miles adrift at the bottom. Lolz.

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Aye, Mike Ashley runs your club superbly in comparison. Begs the question. What have you's genuinely and constantly got to whinge about?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

My bad. 12 years. So that's relegated in only 16.67% of recent seasons and currently in the relegation zone. Superb performance. No wonder you're shouting the the odds with that sort of record.

Makemstine Roger and Nig like this.
  7. Charlie Dogscock

And before that in the Prem for 17 years straight, so 7% of the time since the Prem began, hardly a horrific record.

As for "currently", we've only played 5 ****ing games, Arsenal were bottom after 3 games, didn't make them relegation certainties.

Not saying we're not ****e, just it's not a great Prem again this season, and they'll probably be 3 teams worse than us - Norwich, Watford, Burnley, and maybe Wolves.

8. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

Fair enough, but calling teams bottom feeders when you seem to be looking for 3 teams to be worse than you, instead of looking to see how high up the table you might finish, is somewhat questionable...

9. Charlie Dogscock

We've been lower midtable since fatty came along, but not regular relegation fodder, we comfortably stay up.

I'm calling you bottom feeders cos you had some ****ed up business model of being bottom of the table in January, sacking the manager, then just about managing to avoid relegation by the skin of your teeth, then repeating the same the next year... and unsurprisingly this eventually all went tits up.

10. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

Worked for ten years though <laugh>

11. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

To be fair, they did get out of the Championship in exactly the same time as we did

Just not necessarily in the same direction ............

12. E.T. Fairfax

Our well documented plummet may have been the best thing thats happened for us. Our present position of hopes and expectations of getting to the Premier will be alot more enjoyable than our past desperate attempts at staying there I suspect. Hopefully if we get back to the Premier League we will be alot better equipped than the previous regime. Its nice to look forward to all of our matches thinking we should/could win. The Premier League fixture list just filled me with dread, waking up on a Saturday morning 'Burnley away today........get beat!' If I continued for another decade of that mentality the apathy would have finally taken over what little was left of my support. The last 3 seasons have been the most interesting as a Sunderland supporter since the great Steve Bruce gave us back to back 10th finishes, or maybe Reid before that. We now seem to have a club, everything from the owner down to the players and backroom staff, of which we can now be proud of, or at least we now have a club that isnt a total embarrassment.

13. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Just give it a bit mere time dogdick ;)

14. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

13th and 10th from the fat bastid marra ;)

15. Charlie Dogscock

FFS you've played 7 games this season in the third tier, the place you've been for the last 4 years, talking about getting in the Premier league is completely stupid when you're down in this dogshit division.

The fact you've been in League One for 4 years clearly shows you're a League One standard team, and thinking you're anything above that is just hilarious.

16. E.T. Fairfax

My memory doesnt serve me well

Nig likes this.
  17. E.T. Fairfax

I think you have have mentally blocked the word 'hope' out of my post

Nig and Makemstine Roger like this.
  18. E.T. Fairfax

When Del Boy won his millions he quickly became bored. He missed the thrill of the chase, the ups and downs, the desperation and the little victories. At present Sunderland are ducking and diving, living at a scruffy but homely flat in Peckham. 'This time next year Rodders, this time next year.....'

Nig likes this.
  19. Charlie Dogscock

Dogshit United can also "hope" they get out of playing the local pub league on a Sunday lunchtime and into the Premier league.

Quite a difference between hope and realism here.

20. E.T. Fairfax

We have been taken over by a billionaire owner/family with a passion for money AND football, whose put a team together that's gone through the club like a dose of salts putting things in place from top to bottom, and not putting cartoon style sticky plasters all over the place. Ploughing money into the club, not just the team. Eg. The stadium is starting to host gigs from top performing stars again. Everything just seems glossier, more time and effort and expertise put into things. Just seems professionally run from top to bottom, even within such a short amount of time. On the pitch we have signed promising young players from Bayern Munich, Everton, Spurs, Leeds, Manchester City, West Ham, a couple from the championship and not a bunch of League 1 plodders on free transfers like the last few years. Obviously we have a larger net to cast, alot more to offer players now.

So I don't think it is too early to hope we can get back to the drudgery that is the Premier League. It doesn't mean that I don't expect, if it happens, it will take time and further effort. Never stop believing Rodders, never stop believing...

Nig likes this.