1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Walsall v Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After a surprise yet rewarding win at the weekend, the mood in the Shrewsbury camp is on the up. Whereas Walsall had a bit of a shafting at the weekend losing 4-0.

Mellon put out a team with players known to be able to score, and guess what we scored more than the opposition!

Wallace although a good midfielder is injured again, I don't think he's going to secure a contract soon. Grandison still has his hip and Black took a knock on his head/kneck at the end of the last game.

Walsall interim manager wants their team to 'man up' on Tuesday.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36132352 and could bring Bradshaw back into the mix.

Town should take a good crowd to Walsall and hopefully we can get something, however we haven't been too lucky recently.

Come on you blues, help secure our league one status and also slow up Walsall's promotion push.

Floreat Salopia.

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Disappointing first half but a decent second half showing after some subs. That deflected goal just before half time was the crucial one and though it was a good mazy run too many of our players got sucked in instead of covering the goal line. I thought Leutwiler was poor and also hesitant in his kicking - he seems to be diving over these long shots like the first goal (which admittedly should be closed down better). I thought MM was a bit hard on himself afterwards - it seemed sensible to start with a team that had just secured a vital away win. However several of the players like JLAA looked a bit off the pace and Cole and Whalley did really well when they came on. Great to see Sadler play well and pop up with a goal (much to the delight of his father who was sitting in front of me). Overall a narrow defeat against a side full of classy young players going for promotion is not a disaster. The Peterborough game is arguably the biggest one for several years - lets make sure we all get down there and get behind the team as we do not want to go to Swindon needing a result to stay up.