1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic W O W that was some budget ....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 11, 2020.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

OVER AN HOUR and half a glass of water! what do you make of it all?
    You got… 10/15
    Pretty decent
    Challenge your friends

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. johngalleyfan2

I am still trying to take it in there was so much … the high light was the humorous decapitation of the shadow chancellors book on money [ written and released before their humiliating defeat at the last election .. think it sold less books than he gave away as signed copies!
    He seems to have covered most things... "NICOLA" who has kept her head down since the moves to oust her from being the number 1 must be fearing the worst … Blackford … wondering what he can do with his ruffled 8 sheets of paper ……
    It is a shame about the corona virus … over £30bn stripped from the economy so lets hope it is fast in becoming sorted …. what was not stated was that peeps that try to con the system with self internment without being in need of it will get prosecuted …. 2 weeks sick pay! ….. yea got away with it ... and NO... you have been summoned and besides repaying it you are fined £xxx 's ….. and a criminal record!

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Seemed like a good and progressive budget to me...well executed too.

4. johngalleyfan2

to be honest When he took over, I was far from impressed as him as chancellor an extremely mild mild mild mild sort of RP attitude … to be honest "believing " what Javid was likely to deliver had more appeal WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE BALANCED and less "gung ho" … however imagine what might have been had COVID 19 not come along … certainly put the p**** into Labour .. shot the greens in the foot and the response of THE SNP was muted.. only one for a couple hours after from the SNP could be found to comment and he brought up something from 3 years ago.. when the government was still trying to recover from the labour fiasco …………..
    I ask the question if something replaces something that was taken away 3 /4 years ago because we could not afford it is that not a benefit going forward [ bearing in mind the labour and SNP caused the problem in the first place!]
    the greens what a pathetic lot didn't know they had some one in the house.... only response they could offer was .. 30,000 hectares of new forest when we need a million????? just like that we are going to plant 300million trees!!!!! ho ho ho the greens like a lot of peeps [ Labour/snp/ libs un democrat] only see their own vision they should be supporting the future not looking for feeble jimmy opposites … CORBYN … smoke and mirrors … wasn't that what was said about his manifesto? When something directed you is turned against you them that direct it then you are on the losing side... bit like the one that shouts first is the loser …..
    There is a lot of risk in it! … borrowing … always has a risk.. and in 2 or 3 years we are likely to see some tax hikes ..

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Country needed a boost, especially with our independence looming...the seeds needed planting....Yes probably be a tax hike, but if people have work and the NHS is on a better platform, then the tax increase wont be such an issue..

Red Robin likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

back in the 60's and 70's we expected tax to go up on a lot of things .. peeps then I think lived in the real world where material things mattered and you worked for what you wanted to achieve.
    pre budget it was always ..
    I wonder will he put 1d on fags.. 1/2d on a pint .. road tax up another 5s petrol up 6d a gallon … Income tax maybe 1/2d up … and these were positive thoughts almost expected and hopefully not to harsh … people budgeted and expected the GOV to do the same … now you have a bunch trouble makers [ unemployed? ] who constantly change tack on what they demonstrate against Corbyn crushed again at PMQ's oh how desperately bitter and affected he is by the fact he is constantly beaten down and humiliated that any argument he tries to conjure up is simply canon fodder. Blackford [ sort of given up at the mo regarding independence ] has half a good argument but turns on the bitterness and attempted sarcasm only to be humiliated again.
    both of these peeps advisors must know what is coming .. and to me just set Corbyn and Blackford up for the last word hit …..
    A few years ago it was … question blah blah blah …. PM answers or states answer or " I refer to my answer/ comment of...." Now classic yesterday Corbyn [WASNT AN ANSWER OR A QUESTION really, ] blurted out about 6 things from Boris's past "bank robber.. womaniser.. etc etc etc " to me he was using this to emphatically use the those historical comments to pour more distain on those originally affected ..so actually being able to say the same but blaming Boris! !" totally smashed Boris stated anti Semitism bullying his female MP'S [ lack of ] etc etc ..

7. johngalleyfan2

This virus epidemic killing a few but less at the mo than the flu … there is quite a few "pandemic" offerings over the years on the tv /films etc .. probably the WALKING DEAD is the most popular... although must be drawing to a close? maybe one more series after this one? it is getting a bit thin on the ground plot wise.... A few series after the start wasn't there one of the "baddish healthy guys just contracted it [ walking dead ] without being bitten"?
    I wonder how many people that smoke smoked in last 5-10 years are among those fatalities? ..
    this budget however is likely to become a fatality !!! It is based on a strong economy.. people in jobs .. general pooling of monies paid to the government to spread wealth and happiness on our new future, I can not remember a PM of this country saying to the people .. there will be a lot of people losing loved ones before their time … I can usually see the logic of " a plan" and was on WEDS evening thinking how the budget might pan out, and what might have been had £30bn not been set aside to cover eventualities … with the latest escalation and comments it is in disarray .. and the chancellor may have to amend …..
    wish I had bought gold … my Portfolio shows 44.6% loss .. the one share I needed to go down a bit just a pence or so has weathered the storm very well so far and my buying it back to make a profit was a big loss [ for the uninitiated when a stock is losing you sell, it goes down more then reach's a bottom, or your curt off point, so you buy it back a profit when it goes back up ] this SM uncertainy can unhinge the budget !