1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Newcastle (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

4. F$ck the ESL

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

2. moreinjuredthanowen

Zorba and haslam like this.
  3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

right, we better get back to winning games because top 4 will be absolutely crucial for us, even more so, going forward.

lfcpower likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not when we receive our 30pt penalty ;)

lfcpower likes this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

We are not getting top 4 we have wasted the only wriggle room we had on an easier game and we need 6/6 now.

Not going to happen. Heads are gone. Legs are gone

Sorry guys, last week we had a bit of hope but fsg have blown it and the leeds game showed just how unfit our team is.

6. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Leeds away was one of our harder games left. That and united away prob two trickiest games

The IncREDibles and organic red like this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

It was but then it wasn't i suppose if you get me. We absolutely hammered then for 45mins then fell apart and let them have it and ende dup on 30% possession. leeds did nothing special to earn the possession which was the issue.

for me:

newcastle low block 10 men back is harder now.

Utd away is too big an ask now. Everything i have seen from us suggest our legs are gone and last utd game they ran us off the park. we put a big effort in for fa cup but they out lasted us.

southampton should have nothing to play for and cant defend well. we have a chance

West brom? disasterous game. they will defend like mad and are not down by any means (this is even likely their last chance to stay up as well)

burnely away. they will defend deep too. awful side this year but big and tall and can pack in at the back

palace. the ultimate roy hosdgon straight jackert effort last day.

I see 1 game where like leeds i see us getting chances. I see 4 10 men back games we have to break down and have shown absolutely zero ability to break lately and 1 v utd where we will get ran off the park.

Sorry lads, we fell apart v leeds and that suggests something we cannot put right in a week. We have one game a week bar west brom and still I think we eiher score 2 first half min or we will struggle.

Klopp needs more energy. who knows.

8. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

Of course we can’t be certain of the outcome of these matches, especially this unusual season. All the remaining matches are not banker wins but compared to our rivals for top 4 they are eminently winnable. We need some solid defending throughout the match and patient attack for sure but our rivals face the same and worse problems.

why is a win against MU too big an ask? Though they are 2nd atm they are beatable especially at home. They have struggled lately to get wins and I don’t see them as more difficult than the others. Burnley could be more difficult. If we don’t make silly mistakes and keep our nerve we could win the last 6 and claw back into top 4.

9. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

I agree about the Leeds game but we could win any of the other games if we simply took our chances. That is the main problem. We should have been 3-0 up against Leeds at half time and the second half would have been totally different. Getting our strikers to take those chances is not an easy fix though

10. moreinjuredthanowen

yes, same all season. The defense is not shambolic, its the lack of finishing that converted 2nd or 3rd into 6th.

Should have been 3-0 up i agree and should have been 2-0 up on the break second half on two absolutely no excuse chances.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

on utd:

a) we never do well at old trafford. ever. our last win is long ago under rodgers there and klopps been done over already by them in the cup.

b) they are fitter and more athletic in general. We saw this twice this season already.

they are really really a much bigger challenge than simply taking the actual easy chances we miss when playing low block teams and losing 0-1 after dominating 75% possession

I'm sad, really am. First we totally ruin our reputation a second time i nthe season (FSG) then we go and paste leeds, absolutely made them look league 1 for 45mins, couldn't score then fell apart. Utd keep going and going in games. they are not great but they are there at the end in games and beating sides.

12. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Another flat performance against Newcastle is on the cards

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Fixed

<cheers>

14. saintKlopp

Sounds great.

15. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

We need to win and score a few goals in the process. Expect an easy win and much needed 3 points.

3-0. sounds about right as I can see the magpies folding fairly early at Anfield.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Only if we score them early.

The place 7-0 seems such a fluke now having endured so many games where they shovel the ball miles over or scuff the shot.

The debacle of finishing v real for example was just another example was was leeds last week.

I'm desperate for an early goal and I reckon we need 2 or 3 just to see the 3 points here.

Newcastle are poor but have hit just enough form to pull away from the **** at the bottom.

17. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

It's going to be the same script as it has been all season. All piss and wind but no end product.

18. Jimmy Squarefoot

Phillips is out which means we’ll most likely see Fabinho back in defence.

wouldn’t be surprised if we drop points

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Imagine at start of season if someone said Phillips was injured being a big miss for us. Would have been sent to the loony house

organic red and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  20. Jimmy Squarefoot

It’s just so frustrating that we finally managed to have a settled back line and fab in midfield, and our results turned.